Aston Villa vs Stoke City Sat 15th Dec 3pm | Page 7 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Stoke City Sat 15th Dec 3pm

Good to see Davis on the bench. Can't say I agree with whelan starting but I understand why he is. Who do we bring on after 60 minutes when he's knackered?

That is a very attacking bench.

Normally I'd moan about Whelan in the team but with Deano I know it will be attack, attack attack.

I'm gonna go win a win. Looks like a strong team again.
Elmo and Hutton look good going forward and if gazi can keep it up like last week he should be interesting.
Hopefully tammy will be firing on all cylinders and wipe rowetts smug smile off his face.
3 ~ 1 for me

My worry is that Tammy gets marked out of the game by three big and experienced defenders.

We are relying on a big performance from the other attacking players. Hopefully el ghazi continues his form and plays with the confidence he’s got.

I say it all the time - I don’t want to see Whelan playing on our centre halves’ toes. He is a midfielder and needs to play in midfield. If he drops, McGinn has to drop. Let the centre halves travel into the space with the ball and be an option 5-10 yards up the pitch.

We can’t press high if Glenn f’ing Whelan is the positional weak link.

I understand why Whelan is playing - it’s low risk as I say - but I hope he doesn’t stifle our play.

In DS we trust. UTV :utv:

Whelan can’t last 90 mins anyway so he’ll be replaced. I would imagine at some point we will see O’hare today as there’s not a lot else other than strikers.

My prediction is that Whelan will do what he has been doing - connect the game for us, never hide, work his bollocks off, and protect the back-four when needed. And maybe he'll pop up with a goal.

Concerned about Whelan and Hourihane pairing but not sure what option he has. Could El Ghazi play the Jack role? Strengthening required in January.