Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30

The more I look at Everton’s line up, the more I think 4 at the back with the ability to get back if needed (versus Everton’s front 3) but also allow the full backs to push on and have two at the back (if Rondon is playing up top on his own), would’ve been a better tactical option today. I get it works well against Chelsea, but we’re at home to a team on a similar level to us, I would like to see us take the game to them.

I hope I’m wrong and someone can quote this post back to me at 7pm telling me so.
Dunno. Think three at the back will be useful against their pace on the counter and we'll try and play through them like we did Chelsea.

Maybe Deano thinks 3-5-2 is the only way he can include Ings and Watkins?

Another 6-2 home win will do for me!?:grinning:

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS:utv::utv:

Maybe Deano thinks 3-5-2 is the only way he can include Ings and Watkins?

Another 6-2 home win will do for me!?:grinning:

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS:utv::utv:
He's right, I can't see any other way to fit two number 9's in the lineup. Its ironic that with the new additions, we are a couple of games in and we are still trying to find our best first team. Ings needs to get involved this week or its going to cause a headache for Deano. If we stay with 3 at the back. he's going to have to convert Bailey and Traore into wingbacks.

I’m also surprised we’re sticking to a formation that saw us lose 3-0 to an out of sorts Chelsea, a team that will also allow you some time on the ball too, oh well time will tell.
Smith spends over £100m on wide attackers, and finds a formation that doesn’t allow for any. Takes some doing that.

Well the defensive organisation still seems to be there but no real understanding up front with the play.