Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30

Martinez is one of the best in the world, Steer is extremely average. But last week was more about having defenders who are brainless and can't pass the ball to their own keeper sensibly, defenders who sell themselves and get megged easily and defenders who are stupid enough to overcommit instead of staying on their feet.

I think it's harsh to knock Steer at this point. He's just doing his job.

Does anyone else struggle to sleep the night before a game out of excitement?
I can already feel that I'm going to be awake at 3am.

Season tickets take away that feeling mate, I often get to the ground and think who the Feck are we playing.
I'm in habit mode, I'd even forgotten it was a 5.30 ko until yesterday

Martinez is one of the best in the world, Steer is extremely average. But last week was more about having defenders who are brainless and can't pass the ball to their own keeper sensibly, defenders who sell themselves and get megged easily and defenders who are stupid enough to overcommit instead of staying on their feet.

I think it's harsh to knock Steer at this point. He's just doing his job.

This is where a top keeper would have won us a point , 3 saves and we draw 0-0 and nobody would have even thought anything of it. The third one wouldn't have even been needed if he'd blocked the first two as we wouldn't have been chasing the game.
Tiny attention to detail is a massive difference.

Martinez wouldn't have made any difference to last Saturday. He would not have saved any of those , maybe goal 1, maybe

Can’t blame Steer last week but having Martinez back will be a huge boost as he’s just all round a better calibre of player. He’s also probably built up a better relationship with the defenders too which indirectly may have contributed to Mings fucking up his back pass.

I think potentially Martinez would have been able to charge down Kovacic for the 2nd goal as he would possibly have been anticipating the pass from Mings more than Steer. As for the other 2 I've seen Martinez save chances like that but I've seen Steer do it as well.

Last week is gone though, this week I'd have Martinez in if there's any possibility he can play. I think Steer is a fine keeper but Emi1 is among the world's finest currently.

HUGE

That is all.
kenneth-williams-leespoons.gif

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS :utv:

First time I've met up properly in that there outside world with Deano as well, (covid, operations and what not). So half looking forward to that as well. Not sure which half....

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS :utv:

First time I've met up properly in that there outside world with Deano as well, (covid, operations and what not). So half looking forward to that as well. Not sure which half....

Don’t forget to reply to his WhatsApp, he’s kicking off in Witton lane like a needy teenage girl

No brainer to bring Emi 1 back as long as he hasn’t been at the all inclusive buffet to much :lol::slap:.
But Jed wasn’t at fault last week at all.
No he wasn't but he didn't make a save and that's the difference between a top keeper and a league one keeper. One makes saves and the other picks the ball out the net because they didn't have a chance.
That's why we should have brought in another keeper in the summer
Jed is a nice lad Villa's longest-serving player etc but he's not that good

Apparently Everton signed Solomon Rondon at some point so if DCL is out presumably he'll be up top for them.