Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30

Here we go. I'm off.
Buzzing for this. I have a feeling this is going to be a baller.
Come on you villa boys.

Won yet have we?

giphy.gif

3-5-2, thought Bailey would’ve played. Surprised at the formation… not sure if it’s going to work or not.

Watching from the sofa today as the man flu has knocked me out and my mate who’s trying to visit all 92 league grounds in a season has taken my ticket - hope it’s a great atmosphere and result for him on his journey and it’s one he remembers.

If we play like we did with that formation as we did last week especially the first half ,then that should be enough to beat Everton.

Don't think anyone is surprised by that really.

Question is, can we perform the same with better finishing and no defensive errors?

The more I look at Everton’s line up, the more I think 4 at the back with the ability to get back if needed (versus Everton’s front 3) but also allow the full backs to push on and have two at the back (if Rondon is playing up top on his own), would’ve been a better tactical option today. I get it works well against Chelsea, but we’re at home to a team on a similar level to us, I would like to see us take the game to them.

I hope I’m wrong and someone can quote this post back to me at 7pm telling me so.