Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30 | Page 24 | Vital Football

Aston Villa vs Everton Saturday 18th September 17:30

Without the 3-5-2 Cash wouldn't have been where he was to score the first goal, and Bailey essentially a straight swap for Targett, just a more attack-minded version.
We weren’t playing 3-5-2 when cash scored, Targett goes off on 61mins and cash scores on 66mins when we’ve gone 4 at the back.

Sky reporter talking to the fat waiter “ you were on top at 60 mins what happened” on top?

Don't know about anyone else but I watched us totally nullify Everton for an hour bar a couple of crosses and then blew them away after that. Don't know how that first sixty minutes gets classed as crap.

Perhaps Bailey wasn't ready to start a full 90, seeing as he only ended up lasting 20, but more likely we all saw the promise of that Chelsea performance and we were sensibly trying to prevent Everton's usual counter attacking style and, like, maybe the manager actually got it right?

Sky reporter talking to the fat waiter “ you were on top at 60 mins what happened” on top?

Maybe they were on top at that precise minute … but certainly not for the majority up until that point. If it was boxing, we were well on top with 10-9’s as we were trying to play whilst they were happy to counter

The same poor Everton team who won 3 out of their first 4 and are coached by one of the managers continually mentioned as a legitimate replacement for Smith? That Everton? Or maybe you think they were so poor because they had injuries? Because no other team ever gets injuries.
When Smith gets it wrong, he gets it wrong. And when he gets it right he gets it right. It's called balance.
Sorry that you can't get past your hatred. You should apply for the job.
No, because I watched the game on Monday night and they were poor, apart from a 6 minute spell against a very poor Burnley team, and there is no hatred just a point of view, my point of view, and I’m not suggesting you should agree with me by any stretch of the imagination, but you’re reading it wrong mate.
I like Dean Smith as a man, but I don’t believe he’s the man to move us forward, if that’s hatred then you go for it. I’d also like to state hate is horrible word which I never use.

We won 3-0 against a difficult team to play against so personally, I'm happy tonight.

Tactics and formation etc need to be looked at by Smith & Co on Monday morning but for the moment I'm just enjoying the win without wanting to get drawn into any arguments.

I must be getting old.:lol:

Last edited:
Don't know about anyone else but I watched us totally nullify Everton for an hour bar a couple of crosses and then blew them away after that. Don't know how that first sixty minutes gets classed as crap.

Perhaps Bailey wasn't ready to start a full 90, seeing as he only ended up lasting 20, but more likely we all saw the promise of that Chelsea performance and we were sensibly trying to prevent Everton's usual counter attacking style and, like, maybe the manager actually got it right?

I agree to a point as in I think that was the game plan.

But.

We were shite and even set up to contain them, should've been two/three clear in the first half if decisions were better.

We won 3-0 against a difficult team to play against so personally, I'm happy tonight.

Tactics and formation etc need to be looked at by Smith & Co on Monday morning but for the moment I'm just enjoying the win without wanting to get drawn into any arguments.

I must be getting older:lol:

You're just no fun anymore you bellend.:innocent:

That’s what I should’ve wrote in hindsight.

200.gif