Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 6 March @ 5.30pm - Sky | Page 39 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wolves Match Thread - Sat 6 March @ 5.30pm - Sky

2 years ago , we got beat 3-0 at Wigan in the championship.

Anyone there would have laughed if someone said we would be where we are now.

The last 6 matches we’ve scored 3 goals, second worst in the league. That’s the form I’m concerned about taking into next season not the points in the league table. Yes, we’ve stopped letting in so many but now we don’t like like scoring. And by the way, Sheff Utd are the only team that’s scored fewer in that period, 2 - and one of those was against us. We have better players now and many agree that Martinez is a major factor in the clean sheets.

We have stopped looking like we can score because we don't have Jack. Once he is back we can then brush needing to learn how to without him again under the carpet !

I've not really noticed Cash as an attacking force, defensively he's been great can't recall him crossing that many good balls

just checked 48 crosses 2 assists of which one was a crossfield hack against Liverpool

Cash is very good RB but a good crosser of the ball he is not. All I ever remember of him in attack is passing the ball back instead of crossing.

2 years ago , we got beat 3-0 at Wigan in the championship.

Anyone there would have laughed if someone said we would be where we are now.
We would never have believed it! However, we now look back to where we were after the first ten games and compare how we’re playing now. That’s football!

For me, Watkins is a different striker than the one he is being forced to be due to the regression of our play.

I’d describe Ollie as more of a forward than a striker. He needs players in the other more forward positions playing closer to him and a central player running off him at times.

He’s become a bit of a combination of a target man, in the channel runner, in behind the defence, number 10 and every other combination of forward you can describe due to how isolated we leave him.

I think Ollie has great attributes, I’m a big fan particularly of his other qualities. Ironically, his biggest development are some his technical skills, he’s could work on his dribbling a bit as well as his touch sometimes.

I’d like to see a Tammy or Toney brought in to give us options, and allow Ollie to play at times in a different forward role, but that would mean Smith changing the tactics a little and we all know that isn’t going to happen.

Relying on Ollie as our only striker is all well and good until his form drops off, or he gets injured.

God helps us if Ollie gets injured !

We have stopped looking like we can score because we don't have Jack. Once he is back we can then brush needing to learn how to without him again under the carpet !

I remember remarking before how funny it was that he was this marauding RB in the championship and we all thought that's what we were getting.

Cash is very good RB but a good crosser of the ball he is not. All I ever remember of him in attack is passing the ball back instead of crossing.

Cash is everything people thought Wan-Bissaka was. Cash is the best defensive fullback in the league not that lad.

I remember remarking before how funny it was that he was this marauding RB in the championship and we all thought that's what we were getting.

Cash is everything people thought Wan-Bissaka was. Cash is the best defensive fullback in the league not that lad.

Defensively, we have done a fantastic job this season. Full marks to Dean, Terry and everyone who has contributed to make that happen.

The old unz? Aren't we supposed to be the youngest in the PL? But they do look knackered.

hi , with fulham winning ,it would be good at least to win a couple more games,
alfhough newcastle are not so sure, if we can keep above midway i will be happy, it would be good to see ,what we have in stock. give them a chance to see what they are like, i dont think davies is going to make it, unless he can find the net.
seanie

A draw was a fair result, we should have scored and so should they. Unfortunately both our best two chances fell to our centre half and not our striker, thankfully it was the same for them too.

We are still struggling without Grealish but at least in the first half we looked more of a threat, maybe thanks to Luiz and Sanson starting, we seemed to fade in the second half when Sanson got injured and subsequently went off. I think Ramsey is a good young player but is still developing his game, shouldn’t be relied on to create all of our chances. Nakamba again is a decent option but is definitely second choice to Luiz in that deeper midfield role unless it’s backs to the wall defensive job

Horrendous trip. The drive back was a very depressing one! Any thoughts of promotion were a million miles away that day!
I had a costco hot dog on the way there which was the highlight of the day, along with the cheaper fuel. I don't think we spoke on the way home, we were halfway to the motorway before the final whistle it was so bad.