Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sat. 16th October, 3pm ko | Page 32 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sat. 16th October, 3pm ko

Shipping goals for fun again like season one back in the PL , nobody will ever convince me Mings is an England quality CB he's Curtis Davies Mk2, I really thought we'd brought in Axel as a backup not to play him at every given chance. All we are doing is helping Man Utd get a better price for him and to be honest he's nowhere near their team so he's not good enough for us either. Konsa I like, I like him at right-back as well, as he can defend, unlike cash who is a hothead.

Despite Mcginn, our midfield is lightweight and not very quick.
I'm stuck for once as to the way forwards because despite the result we were 2-0 up with 15 to go and had ground out that result ith a gritty performance, Not sure where our goals were coming from as we lack any flair players but we ground out a 2-0 lead without having much trouble apart from that run from Adama first half
The only thing I would add to that is that I don't remember us being bullied off the ball in the middle of the park as often as we did yesterday.
We looked totally lightweight and came off second best in midfield duels. We don't have a midfield enforcer who can boss that area,
McGinn as ever gives it his best shot, but physically he alone is not enough.
The really worrying part as you point out is the defence. We went through a spell where we looked solid at the back.
Now we have Tuenzebe being accommodated regardless of his inept displays, Mings who's game is so slipshod, and Targett who is a liability at either end of the pitch. Another World Cup break coming up next month, and I sense that between now and then will prove to be really important to our season.

Absolutely. Wolves didn’t win that game, we lost it. We were shaking like ten outfield players in a real life squid games.

I’ll give Wolves credit as they came to VP looking not to lose and went home with a smash and grab, but had we held out nerve, the dingles would’ve been back on the train home to the next stop moaning about how shite they were.

I was talking to a couple of Wolves fans in town after the game. They couldn’t believe they’d won it - they thought they’d played absolutely shite for 75 minutes before we somehow capitulated last 10 minutes.

I am away with the family in South Devon. Only saw the first half on a really good stream (PM me for the link to new browser that makes things so much better).
Having watched what is available and read the reports, it looks like it was a lack of concentration for the goals and a huge slice of luck for the winner - VAR would have awarded a penalty if it had not gone in though.
The letting slip a two goal advantage is inexcusable and whilst Smith deserves some pelters for the subs, it is the leadership on the pitch that is questionable. It has happened every time Mings comes back from England duty he gets really sloppy and does the Billy Big Bollocks stuff and it takes a match to get it out of his system - sadly another WC break in November so a repeat is likely.
We move on!

On reflection if it was the case that it was necessary to take off Buendia, Cash and Luiz then options were limited. An alternative to Smiths replacements though could have been to bring Hause on for Cash, push Konsa to right back and revert to a back 4 with Targett at left back. Axel was having a mare at the back and could have played the last 10 as a defensive midfielder. As for Buendia and Luiz’s replacements, we could have gone with Sanson and either Archer, El Ghazi or Bidace to make up a 4-3-3 formation.
Konsa Hause Mings Targett
Sanson. Axel McGinn
Ings. Archer. Watkins

Just my thoughts, it might have helped keep us on the front foot.

This is what I said yesterday. Unfortunately Smith doesn't think like that.

The game where Mark Draper played a blinder. Then we signed him and the rest is history.
Ah that old villa magic, even had the radio one sports reporter, who now does MOTD2 , come out with this little gem when we signed Hadji from Coventry- Villa are to weave their magic by transforming a good Coventry player into an average Villa one"

Every player playing yesterday has been given some stick and blame on here in the last 24hrs (apart from SJM) it’s nonsense, and every single one of them is a DS buy, playing in a DS formation, to a DS tune, yet for some it’s far easier to rip our young players than admit that DS is out of his depth….Smith out.

That's not true though is it. We just don't pay attention to other teams results and performances as much as our owns. Probably every Premier league club outside the top 4 says the same thing.
True that. Chelsea v Bradford I think. 2 nil up, then lose 4-2. Loved that game.

Every player playing yesterday has been given some stick and blame on here in the last 24hrs (apart from SJM) it’s nonsense, and every single one of them is a DS buy, playing in a DS formation, to a DS tune, yet for some it’s far easier to rip our young players than admit that DS is out of his depth….Smith out.
The scapegoating of Ramsey for yesterday is a new low

The scapegoating of Ramsey for yesterday is a new low

People just see that he came on and then we fell apart but it simply doesn't work like that on the pitch. The substitution made sense as Buendia apparently had a knock. Perhaps you could say Sanson should have come on but he's only just back himself.

I didn't even think it was a foul for the free kick either btw as he looked like he got the ball and roadrunner was already falling over. Could be wrong on that but I'm not watching any highlights of that game. There's no one man to blame for that mess yesterday, it was a collective fuck up by the 11 on the pitch.

Crikey Silhill, for someone who has been one of the the most critical voices on the forum over the past few years, tearing into the coaches, players and club in general on numerous occasions this post certainly wins the ‘most ironic post of the year’ award!

I can think of a stronger word than ironic.

But let’s not forget this subject has been moved from the Ramsey thread where it was getting no joy in what I can only imagine is another pathetic attempt at a deliberate wind up attempt .

Crikey Silhill, for someone who has been one of the the most critical voices on the forum over the past few years, tearing into the coaches, players and club in general on numerous occasions this post certainly wins the ‘most ironic post of the year’ award!
The point still stands though!

Does it . A few posts up you say quite correctly that every player has been given stick for yesterday. Yet Ramsey is the scapegoat?.

Fair enough if I have missed it but I would like to see a single post in this thread that says Jacob Ramsey is solely to blame (as per the defination of scapegoat) for the defeat yesterday.

Well as every other player , the manager , the coaches , the ex coaches , the owners and Doris has been scapegoated the word I would use is "hypocrite" but then again I'm no Shakespeare. (He is a scapegoat as well btw)

Does it . A few posts up you say quite correctly that every player has been given stick for yesterday. Yet Ramsey is the scapegoat?.

Fair enough if I have missed it but I would like to see a single post in this thread that says Jacob Ramsey is solely to blame (as per the defination of scapegoat) for the defeat yesterday.
I do worry about some on here, it's a year 5 level of comprehension required to understand what scapegoating means.