Aston Villa v Swansea City (FAC3) Match Thread - Sat 5th Jan, 3pm | Page 13 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Swansea City (FAC3) Match Thread - Sat 5th Jan, 3pm

Yes I hated that we booed the substitution. I didn't agree with it but ffs how is the Las coming on going to feel. O'Hare was lightweight and did get brushed off easily a couple of times but so did every other player in a claret and blue shirt unfortunately. He wanted the ball, tried to move it forwards when he had it and just generally looked livelier than the rest In my opinion.
He also needs to play a few times to understand other players movement. Partnerships are so important in team building. He'll come good.

The positives

The ground was so empty at the end I was homd by 6.55 whivh knocked 15 mins off my record and I stopped for petrol !!!!

The negstives

It was just an abdolute pile of shite from players and management team - I think I will leave it there until I calm a little

Dont see how they can say 30,000, they were saying estimated crowd with 5 days to go was 34500 already sold and upper tier open.
Thought it looked closer to 40,000 than 30,000 so was a bit surprised when they announced it, wonder if they made a mistake?

The boos were stupid. We don't need this negative shite creeping back into Villa Park.
The only negative shite was the display served up by the players

O’Hare was the most lively player and it was ridiculous to take him off whilst Hopeless-Hogan and Whelan were allowed to play on. Adomah had a stinker and could have also been subbed

Last edited:
I'm hearing an "immediate fix" solution. 5, 7, 11 players should do the trick?

Have we not learned from the past. Thankfully Wes Eden has said that he will build the foundations. This may take time and there will be bumps along the road but we must remain patient and supportive. I have already seen enough to encourage me that we are on the path but it won't be sorted this window.

We will probably make the play-offs and take it from there, but it is rare for a team to transform over a January transfer window. Let's not prove previous managers correct and act "fickle" or "hysterical". Let's accept that we have a building job to do and Dean Smith is the man to do it. Yes I expect improvement but we will always get sub-par performances and are not currently good enough to always get results.

Everyone in the Championship is suffering a loss in form at some stage so don't give up.
Great post Merd. As usual your comments are well thought out and balanced and the performances are put into context with all the problems we have had over the last five or so seasons.
Yes there are obvious problems but lashing out at DS who has been here two minutes and inherited a very poor squad will solve nothing.

It's just so piss poor to be dumped out of the FAC like that. The spine of the recent team was largely missing [i.e. new keeper in front of a total makeshift defence] with TZ, JG & TA all either gone, going or out. Absolutely hopeless really. Hope for a positive xfer window but loans are not the answer - we are AVFC, not a shop window

Last edited: