Aston Villa v Swansea City (FAC3) Match Thread - Sat 5th Jan, 3pm | Page 17 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Swansea City (FAC3) Match Thread - Sat 5th Jan, 3pm

Yes Melon Donkey - why not try them against Leeds, aftrr all Leeds did !!!!

See HL. I was sceptical about this Leeds youth thing at the time . But your post has spurred me into action. Pretty self explanatory list really.
Name. Age. Appearances.

So

Leeds starting line up against us.

Peacock-Farrell 22- 40 league career appearances and 8 international caps for NI

Ayling 27 - 330 league

Jansson 27- 217 league , 18 international.

Phillips 23 - 111 league

Davis 23 - 1 league appearance - Only played because Barry Douglas fell ill before Kick off.

Klich 28 - 207 league

Forshaw 27 - 177 league

Alioski 26- 169 league

Hernandez 33 - 338 league

Harrison 22 - 73 league

Roofe 26 - 159 league

Not that inexperienced is it ?.

Even the 22/23 year olds have plenty of appearances between them . Apart from the kid who wasn't selected in the starting line up.

And we should have thrown our kids with zero league experience against this lot?. How naive.

Leeds did not just 'give them a go' against us .

I’ve never been convinced with Lansbury making a difference to our side, but he sounds like an improvement on a few of them. Credit where’s its due, he always tries to put a shift in even when he’s not match fit. I’m all for giving him a go as it can’t get any more negative. McGinn needs midfielders who can press as a unit with him, someone who can take his man if he gets forward but both Whelan and Hourihane want to stay in their comfort zone in front of the back four.

Always thought Lansbury had class, but like most of Bruce's first batch of signings was thrown in at random, sometimes. But the last match of that season when we played and drew with the mighty Brighton, I thought the team did pretty well, after a poor run, with both Lansbury and Hourihane looking good. I was confident we had the basis for building for the new season.

So what happens? Bruce throws them all out and gets in his next trance of signings. That's when an owner or CEO on top of his game should have stepped in and asked questions. Hourihane only got back in by luck. Lansbury never got that far.

Think he suits Dean's approach. Hope he can stay fit.

Difficult to get right though Fulford. He will want to have seen certain players and had to rest some, or contend with injuries. Would have got pelters if he'd played Chester and he got injured.

I think we can safely say that we have overestimated the strengths of the team and certain individuals for a long while.
Egggggsactly what i was thinking...without Tammy...Grealish and Axel we look very poor ....if a few more got injured then its gonna be a right slog all season...maybe he will get a few in...depends on finances too...not far off play offs but keep dropping points like we do for silly mistakes will cost us...just showed Saturday with what was fielded that too many out we will struggle...

So, what you are saying then Melon is there 23 yr olds have 40 appearences ?.

So how young were they when they got in then ?.

Also, you forgot to mention the 2 guys who came on at half time 2-0 down and changed the game. How old were they ?

Took the boy for his 1st game. Cheers lads, Sons in tears.
Gonna have to take him to the Ipswich game to prove we ain’t shit.

Anyone know where I can get some cheap tickets ? £45 for 2 tickets is a bit pricy at the moment.