Aston Villa v Small Heath Alliance 25/11/18 12pm K.O officially sold out | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Small Heath Alliance 25/11/18 12pm K.O officially sold out

Have barely given this game much thought as of yet but I’m sure the nerves will be creeping in by Sunday! From what I heard Chester is a massive doubt and McGinn too? Gotta fancy a win though surely. One thing I will say is that blues will actually turn up this time and fight. Last season they had a shite manager and looked half arsed at vp.

In spite of their recent resurgence, everything on paper points to a win for us; Dean Smith knowing exactly what this match is about is a major and possibly decisive factor.

But, it does have Mother of all Banana Skins written over it....

There's a few blues fans at work who up till a couple of weeks ago were gleefully looking forward to this one, not anymore. They've had a couple of injuries, the previously solid defence has conceded 6 in 2 games, their best player can't play because he's on loan from us and they're terrified that we murdered Derby after they got battered there a week earlier. They've all gone from asking me to "mind the gap" every 5 minutes to not mentioning football at all.

There's a few blues fans at work who up till a couple of weeks ago were gleefully looking forward to this one, not anymore. They've had a couple of injuries, the previously solid defence has conceded 6 in 2 games, their best player can't play because he's on loan from us and they're terrified that we murdered Derby after they got battered there a week earlier. They've all gone from asking me to "mind the gap" every 5 minutes to not mentioning football at all.
They do the disappearing when your shit and gobbing off when you win a couple of games better than anyone.

Excellent punt here regarding filling the gap if Chester doesn't make it on Sunday.

His name of course is Jacob Bedeau......

https://tbrfootball.com/jacob-bedea...back-for-dean-smiths-aston-villa-renaissance/

I went to see Stratford Town (my local team) play Villa in the Birmingham Senior Cup last night and Bedeau was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Good positional sense, plenty of pace and he's left-footed, which is a bonus.

He would cope quite comfortably in the Chump imho.

Deano is hopeful that McGinn and Chester will be ok for Sunday. Taylor is fit , but it looks as if Barney will be out.

So I had a little browse through a Blues forum to see what they’re all predicting...:eek!:Tbf, there’s a fair few who are being realistic and calling a Villa win. They know we’ve got the better team every time we play them and it’s why they haven’t beat us in the league for over a decade.