Aston Villa v Small Heath Alliance 25/11/18 12pm K.O officially sold out | Page 16 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Small Heath Alliance 25/11/18 12pm K.O officially sold out

RE: Lansbury

When he came on, why didn’t he just sit in the hole Whelan left, get the ball and recycle it for 10 mins and work himself into the game?

I assume he’s got some sort of injury, but sprinting around like that and leaving us with a big hole I thought wasn’t the best idea.

I’m not convinced he’s any good, I think his touch is poor and I’ve not seen enough of him to be convinced otherwise, but he doesn’t seem to be having much luck here.

What must be a complete embarrassment to Small Heath is that they didn't even manage to sell out their allocation.

Plenty of spare seats in their section. Very small time.

RE: Lansbury

When he came on, why didn’t he just sit in the hole Whelan left, get the ball and recycle it for 10 mins and work himself into the game?

I assume he’s got some sort of injury, but sprinting around like that and leaving us with a big hole I thought wasn’t the best idea.

I’m not convinced he’s any good, I think his touch is poor and I’ve not seen enough of him to be convinced otherwise, but he doesn’t seem to be having much luck here.
Tell you what though he’s a good looking fucker

What must be a complete embarrassment to Small Heath is that they didn't even manage to sell out their allocation.

I thought I read somewhere their allocation was restricted because of their classless behaviour at their place last season.

I think the reduced allocation looks like there are empty seats, it looks like we don’t sell out at the Sty on TV but it’s just the fact we don’t get 3k tickets like they don’t here. They probably sold out what they had weeks ago.

I think the reduced allocation looks like there are empty seats, it looks like we don’t sell out at the Sty on TV but it’s just the fact we don’t get 3k tickets like they don’t here. They probably sold out what they had weeks ago.

No I was referring to the empty seats amongst where their fans were not just on the wings. Plenty in the upper tier and some in the lower teir as well.

No I was referring to the empty seats amongst where their fans were not just on the wings. Plenty in the upper tier and some in the lower teir as well.

Yeah there did appear to be a few empties in the gods, I guess they are able to spread out a bit with the restricted allocation. I can’t believe they didn’t sell out 2k tickets, and if it’s down to restrictions there’s not a lot else their “fans” (use that term loosely) can do.

I can't stand their fans to be honest. I know Wolves and Albion fans who are alright but the small heath lot are a scruffy bunch of no marks who love to mouth off in the most vulgar fashion. Their level of vitriol is astonishing for such a nothing football club and it was a joy to see their faces turn even more sour today.

They definitely did sell all their tickets and sold them all pretty quickly to their ‘platinum’ members, you think they wouldn’t sell out a trip to Villa Park? You must be mad, they’re obsessed with us. Guessing some didn’t make it/arrested/pissed etc.

Anyway... what a great afternoon that was! Just before they scored I text my mate to say they’re looking very difficult to break down and I was pretty frustrated watching it as we didn’t seem to be getting anywhere but I also said if we get 1 they’ll open up, which they did, twice in 2 minutes. Obviously before that quick turnaround they scored and I saw it coming as he was unmarked round the back, too easy for them. Thank god that effort hit the post not long after as at 0-2 it would’ve been difficult and our fans would’ve turned a bit. Was absolute bedlam in the lower holte where i am after we went 2-1, absolutely brilliant! Felt like from there we weren’t going to lose. Bit nervey when they made it 3-2 as we really should’ve been out of sight but then that moment and what a moment it was ? never in a million Sunday’s would I expect that to happen, what a great goal. Limbs everywhere and probably nearly reduced some to tears I reckon. Absolutely over the moon for him to do that, in that game and at the holte end, that’ll be played again and again over the years much like Cahill’s bicycle kick. The Scottish Cafu? Nah Cafu is the Brazilian Hutton!

UTV

Can't wait for Franksy's phone in on WM tomorrow. It will be worth the licence fee to listen to the scum of Brum bleating on about how they could have won and how lucky we were. I will try to phone in to say a couple of things - one will be how we are all referring to history about the last time we lost to the scum and the other thing I will say will be........ Hutton.

I stopped in while the match was on, but ventured out afterwards to have a celebration drink.

I'm now back with what they call "afterglow". Glowing with Pride!

As I said before kick-off Strength and Honour Villa, Strength and Honour.... and there was plenty of that today!

Thinking back to 'Strength and Honour', anyone think we should have the music from the film Gladiator played as the team walks out?