Aston Villa v Sheffield Utd - Match Thread - Friday 8th Feb, 7.45pm | Page 18 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Sheffield Utd - Match Thread - Friday 8th Feb, 7.45pm

Keep JG, add Axel, new French RB on the way, add a Rico Henry and we can play wing backs.

Buy Kante, keep Tammy and I finally agree with Bruce - we have the makings of a good team. Should only cost. £100m or so.

Pay the fine and jobs a good 'un :wahey:

:utv::utv::utv::utv::utv::utv:

Loved that. Made my weekend. In Dean Smith we trust.

Like I said at half-time, thought even when we were under the cosh we were trying. Wouldn't criticise too many players; Hourihane and Jedinak's passing was a bit weak. Can't see why people go for Taylor, thought he had a pretty good game. And Kodjia put a lot of work in. The defence is looking a lot more solid.

So, back to high scoring draws. Need to convert those into wins. Not too worried about top 6; we'll either make it or we won't.

"They didn't have an answer for how we set up. Couldn't get round us, couldn't get over us, couldn't get through us. Didn't have a sniff all night then we make three mistakes".

Chris Wilder - agreed. The result should not paper over the truth. We need to match their intensity for starters.

As previously mentioned, hope Sheff Utd get promoted ahead of Sandwell and Dirty Leeds.

Last edited:
Because I now live in Yorkshire and spend most of my time having banter with lesser none European cup winning fans like blades and owls and Leeds , i take great pleasure in gloating in this draw because the shit I was getting half hour ago was unreal , class is permanent and Ive told them this for 15 years , right time to start the texting to my blades mates ... can’t wait

Because I now live in Yorkshire and spend most of my time having banter with lesser none European cup winning fans like blades and owls and Leeds , i take great pleasure in gloating in this draw because the shit I was getting half hour ago was unreal , class is permanent and Ive told them this for 15 years , right time to start the texting to my blades mates ... can’t wait

My in-laws are all blades too

I would love to be able to switch to fan commentary by @Villan57 especially for the Hourihane pass.

Which one Dan? The air was blue by us and it wasn't just me , what a fanny this bloke is ! Can he actually run? I Mean sprint not job . He makes Super Glenn Whelan look like Pirlo or whatever his feckin name is

The more I think about it, the more I realise that that Sheff Utd performance was not about great talent, but about a good, well organised, aggressive team with a plan, working hard for one another.

It's what I want Dean Smith to create at Aston Villa as that is how you get out of this division. He still has a lot of work to do in replacing Bruce's signings with the right calibre of player.

Their second goal, not once did Hutton get anywhere near anybody, the f**ker was offside when the shot came in and then make your own mind up about whether or not Kalinic had the ball.