Aston Villa v Preston North End Tuesday 2nd October , 19.45 K.O. | Page 24 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Preston North End Tuesday 2nd October , 19.45 K.O.

Just home via the pub. We said at half time that we hoped we wouldn't get another second half where it looked like they'd sat and smoked a joint or two, got nicely loosened up and came out so laid back they'd gift the first ten minutes to Preston. Lo! and behold, no sooner the thought than the deed. Preston did what we should have been doing, hit the ground running, and dictated play. The rest left me speechless. Like others, I'm totally bewildered at Whelan getting anywhere near the penalty.
The evening started oh so well. A complimentary drink and meal in the Corner Flag restaurant and a brief chat and photo with Ken McNaught.
I should have come out of Villa Park flying and ecstatic but.........!

Bruce lost his job the minute he did not replace Terry and bring in another centre half he can moan and blame all he likes but with even a half decent CB we would probably have had another 6 points before tonight.
Seen managers sacked for run of poor results, Losing the dressing room,
and numerous other reasons. But having been a CB this is self inflicted stupidity. The goalkeeper saga just added to it.

We got a good look tonight at how we would play if Chester was injured can you imagine the horror shows we would see if that happened.

Hourihane was man of the match yet got took off

Which match was that he hardly touched the ball tonight. Whitest shorts in the team. Couldn't tackle a paper bag
Jogged about a lot, pointed a lot, flopped on the floor a couple of times but they were screaming to get him off and Whelan on before they scored the 3rd I think it was, might have been the second.

Which one of his sub standard coaching team was sticking two fingers at the fans and aggressively gesticulating because we had managed an equaliser against bottom of the table Preston?

Bruce and his staff need to be fired in the morning for disrespecting the fans who paid good money to watch clueless drivel.

Bruce said we played our best football of the season in the 60 minutes which shows how awful we have played all season as we were OK in the first half not brilliant against a poor team.

We sat back again and allowed the them to come on to us. We are disjointed and play with no swagger or confidence. This negativity then effects the home supporters mood.

To drop Nyland when our 2nd keeper is unavailable is odd, to bring on a defensive midfielder for an attacking one at 2-2 against the bottom team at home is odd, to bring on a winger as our only striker while ending the game with 4 Right back in defence is mismanagement. Steve's time up now as its gone toxic 1 win in 10 is indefensible.

But Whelan did stand straight over the ball to take the penalty so I wouldn't blame Bruce for that one or Glen, but come on Jack surely you want to take it to score a winner in front of the Holte.

Exactly Langoe.
I only watched from 75 mins and was shocked (don't know why really. Should know better) at how deep we were and how dominant Preston were . Like I said earlier and you have said it was like 11 v 8 . Seriously shouldn't be that one sided against fucking Preston in their state.

Down to Bruce fair and square. Lost it completely lost it.

Indeed MD, the mentality tonight when we went down to ten men was there for all to see....let's hang on for 35 minutes! Literally the first time the ball was in their box second half was when Bolasie equalised. I could have played in goal for Preston second half and kept a clean sheet til the 90th min....in fact I'd have bloody well saved Whelan's tame penalty as well!

It is another item that should be sorted out before your team takes the field Lord I managed a Sunday league side but everyone new the pecking order for taking penalties right down to the 6th best surely a pro. management team can sort that out.

Bruce said we played our best football of the season in the 60 minutes which shows how awful we have played all season as we were OK in the first half not brilliant against a poor team.

We sat back again and allowed the them to come on to us. We are disjointed and play with no swagger or confidence. This negativity then effects the home supporters mood.

To drop Nyland when our 2nd keeper is unavailable is odd, to bring on a defensive midfielder for an attacking one at 2-2 against the bottom team at home is odd, to bring on a winger as our only striker while ending the game with 4 Right back in defence is mismanagement. Steve's time up now as its gone toxic 1 win in 10 is indefensible.

But Whelan did stand straight over the ball to take the penalty so I wouldn't blame Bruce for that one or Glen, but come on Jack surely you want to take it to score a winner in front of the Holte.

He really is losing the plot. How can he say we played so well for 60 minutes when it's clear to us all how poor we were from half time onwards. Yes we played well enough first half, that's 45 minutes Steve but unfortunately they then returned to the dressing room to hear your team talk......and any momentum quickly disappeared!

What on God's green earth was the half time team talk?! "Cheers lads, looks like I'm sticking around for a bit longer, keep going at this rate and we'll win 4 or 5 nil and I'll be a tactical hero again" players decided to mutiny! I'm sceptical as to why Whelan stepped up..... CONSPIRACY!

He looked like he knows he's gone.

With the law of averages, I can't believe all of his decisions have gone against him. Buying keepers, both looking so dozy they could be Bill Cosby's dates. Buying wingers and leaving them on the bench and playing Elmo as a part of a front 3. Bizarre starting 11s with up to 5 players playing out of position. The list could go on and on.... and on.

A win tonight would have take us to 7 or 8th it wont be long now before we start looking solely to see how far we are off the 6th place.

In the Olden days with the heavy wet ball the hardest kicker took the pens. Houghton Lynn Burrows
But now any poser thinks he can dink the balloon into the net.
More important than ever to have the right pen takers named before the game.