Aston Villa v Preston North End Tuesday 2nd October , 19.45 K.O. | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Preston North End Tuesday 2nd October , 19.45 K.O.

sirdennis

Alert Team
Well I am struggling to get excited for this , but it's about time a thread was started.

Preston by all accounts are playing poorly and can't keep a clean sheet to save their lives.

Lose this and Bruce is dead and buried.

He's got no way back with the fans, all he can do is make it harder for the owners to fire him. Its when now and not if.

I can see a cagey dull game ending in a draw.

In an ideal world, we win and Bruce still goes probably saying through his media luvvies how cruel and unfair he has been treated whilst conventionally forgetting the situation is of his own making.

When it comes to having a selective memory the man is world class:grinning:

Last edited:
The pressure will be on, and a non-performance will see things turn very ugly.

This should be a routine win against a poor Preston side, but we all know what happens when we play under-performing teams - yep, we seem to get dragged down to their level, or worse.

1-1 for me, with knives sharpening in the boardroom. Or should that be 'bored' room? Lol, yam gorra laff.

As has been mentioned Preston are on a bad run, especially away from home but, then again we aren't exactly setting the grass alight.
All the stats say we should win this one but, there comes a time in every sport, when the stats get flung out of the window and the unthinkable result happens.
We should win this one quite comfortably but, I've gone for a 1-1 draw and wouldn't be at all surprised if we get done by 2 or 3 goals.
The result will depend on the way the team is laid out and told to play.
A defensive formation and told to sit back and we could be turned over, an attack minded formation and told to play on the front foot and we could murder them.
We'll know soon enough, it's just that I have no confidence in the tactics we invariably employ.

Would not like to be Bruce if this goes south if we win I suppose we will be hearing what crisis never mind the fact they are bottom of the division.

Could be dodgy. Preston have scored 2 goals in 4 out of their last 5 matches; trouble is they also leak goals. Two of those matches have been draws, two more a loss by a single goal. The other was getting thrashed by Leeds.

Suggests to me that it'll be close and could go either way, unless we recover some form.

A great fixture founder members of the Football League But two poor teams today.
I was lucky enough to see Tom Finney , they hacked him on mud heaps but he never went down.
Come on Jack show us what you’ve got and stay on your feet

Fail to win in this one and it will be carnage .

Due to junior 2's 13th birthday I will be tucking into a Chinese takeaway tomorrow night rather than watching us pass sideways for 90 minutes. I probably won't even bother subjecting myself to sub standard red button viewing either.

I am all bit apathetic about villa at the moment. Good work Steve :thumbup:. :cry:

If they have a manager with any nous then they will plan to play to our many weaknesses. If they push back the midfield then the strikers will become isolated and robbed of possession.
If Tuanzebe plays at full back and Jedi as centre back, we will lose by at least a couple and the atmosphere will be toxic.
Be brave Steve an play some of our kids and see what they can do - it can't be any worse than what have seen so far.
If he rakes the cautious - nay stubborn - approach he will be added to the long list of former Villa managers.

Fail to win in this one and it will be carnage .

Due to junior 2's 13th birthday I will be tucking into a Chinese takeaway tomorrow night rather than watching us pass sideways for 90 minutes. I probably won't even bother subjecting myself to sub standard red button viewing either.

I am all bit apathetic about villa at the moment. Good work Steve :thumbup:. :cry:

You will miss me at half time MD.

We've struggled against these the last 2 times they've come to VP. It was young Keinan who changed the game last year when he came off the bench at half time and we went a bit more direct. I wonder if Brucie will be tempted to put him on the bench if he's fit now