Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December | Page 36 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Leicester City - Match Thread - Sunday 5th December

I was going to mention that the sky reporter on the game said and i quote " if this was a rugby game that would have been a try " and merson agreed with him !!! WTF has that got to do with a football game ! ( recon he is back on the sauce )

No try!
It wasn't either on or over the line.

It looked like this incident sort of galvanised the players and fans and the stick the faking pansy got when he approached the Holte End and during the game was wonderful to see and hear.

He was rattled which affected his game which I thoroughly enjoyed.:grinning:
If he’s as injured as he seems to say, and needed x-rays, then (1) why did his manger allow him to continue in the 2nd half knowing he could potentially lose him for the rest of the season? and (2) How as he played the 2nd half seemingly with no issues!

It’ll be interesting to see if is broken hand heals in time for their game with Napoli.

Last edited:
If he’s as injured as he seems to say, and needed x-rays, then (1) why did his manger allow him to continue in the 2nd half knowing he could potentially lose him for the rest of the season? and (2) How as he played the 2nd half seemingly with no issues!

It’ll be interesting to see if is broken hand heals in time for their game with Napoli.
I'd imagine he will make a miraculous recovery.

Just caught up with the Sky coverage from yesterday, didn’t have chance to last night after getting back from the game. A couple of observations…the interview with Schmeichel was a longer one than on MOTD and he manages to make an even bigger arse of himself in that one. The bollocks he spouts about his hand injury is just nonsense…how can a bloody goalkeeper play a whole half with a badly injured injured hand ffs! And to suggest it was an obvious foul and VAR shouldn’t have been needed…what a prat! Secondly Mr Souness thought Schmeichel was fouled when he came into our box and should have been awarded a penalty…..:slap: Bloody clueless!

It looked like this incident sort of galvanised the players and fans and the stick the faking pansy got when he approached the Holte End and during the game was wonderful to see and hear.

He was rattled which affected his game which I thoroughly enjoyed.:grinning:

One of the most unlikeable players in the Premier Lge. Leicester also massively fucked up not bringing in a better GK over the last two seasons. Currently he is one of the main problems for them.

He is an average keeper with good leadership skills and a well known name. I can’t think of many point winning saves he’s made over the past 2 years.

Secondly Mr Souness thought Schmeichel was fouled when he came into our box and should have been awarded a penalty…..:slap: Bloody clueless!

Souness was convinced that Leicester would have been awarded a penalty if Mings had tussled like that with an outfield player and not Schmeichel.

The fact that it hasn't been debated at all in any other highlights packages or in the various match reports confirms to me that it wasn't a pen. Mings has his eye on the ball and it was a 50:50 ding dong between him and their goalkeeper.

Just caught up with the Sky coverage from yesterday, didn’t have chance to last night after getting back from the game. A couple of observations…the interview with Schmeichel was a longer one than on MOTD and he manages to make an even bigger arse of himself in that one. The bollocks he spouts about his hand injury is just nonsense…how can a bloody goalkeeper play a whole half with a badly injured injured hand ffs! And to suggest it was an obvious foul and VAR shouldn’t have been needed…what a prat! Secondly Mr Souness thought Schmeichel was fouled when he came into our box and should have been awarded a penalty…..:slap: Bloody clueless!
All in all mate it was a shit fest again from the sky team, laughable really, at least Leon Osman on MOT’d 2 said what we all knew,…..a goal that should’ve stood.
And just to add, it’s disgraceful that these refs don’t know the rules.

Souness was convinced that Leicester would have been awarded a penalty if Mings had tussled like that with an outfield player and not Schmeichel.

The fact that it hasn't been debated at all in any other highlights packages or in the various match reports confirms to me that it wasn't a pen. Mings has his eye on the ball and it was a 50:50 ding dong between him and their goalkeeper.
It’s not a penalty in any shape or form, if you take Evans out the equation there’s a possible shout for a foul, but with Evans in there it’s never a penalty, because he pushes is own keeper into Mings.
And as for Souness, good god what a clown he sounds, is he really the best Sky can do!

Yep ridiculous.
Luiz got a little lucky when he trod on dewsbury-halls foot. VAR looked at it and I've seen them given