Aston Villa v Hull City, Sat 5th August 2017, 5.30pm | Page 12 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Hull City, Sat 5th August 2017, 5.30pm

Fulford - 5/8/2017 20:30

Bruce was out thought again.

For some unknown reason he just can't see what's wrong.

Bruce was like his fleece. Boring, old fashioned and out of date. Samba on as a striker with 5 minutes to go, embarrassing

First 40 minutes had me thinking we'd be the Newcastle of the league this season but we died out and turned to shit. I'm not gonna write us off over one result but it's very deflating...

Biggest mistake I ever made was having Bacuna's name in my Vital Villa username, now I'm stuck with this for life :21: He was so bad today!

We were effectively playing with 9 players as hogan and particularly Lansbury contributed nothing . Bacuna also a nothing game . Elmo faded badly 2nd half , whelan was hit and miss but he can't do it all alone .
We do look better than this time 12 months ago though so let's all chill out a bit (til we lose at Cardiff)

Should've won that match. Like the look of Whealan he brings good energy to the midfield. Want to see more from Hogan. Considering the money we paid I have not been impressed with him at all so far. If you are scoring goals you can get away with not contributing anything else but if you aren't finding the net then you're just a liability. But that was a decent start today we looked to have a bit more authority about us with Terry in there.

Hogan was giving some good balls first half and he squandered the lot . Not impressed . He looks fat aswell.

Wurzel - 5/8/2017 20:23

Well I didn't see God awful football, I must have watched a different match, I actually thought we looked like a pretty solid unit for the first times in years. We looked well organised and fit and that is something I couldn't say for a start of a season since O Neil.

I'll debate with you Wurz! Nope it wasn't the worst we've seen by a long long long way! it was solid. But it was a tad boring and predictable. And when they equalised it was difficult to see where the creativity was going to come from.... till the substitutions.

I'd be a little more upbeat if that was against The Barcodes last season. But it was against a Hull side that is very average at best. They won't get promoted this season. They've got a lot of rebuilding to do.

So frustrating , we should have had the game wrapped up at half time .Hull had a 20 minute spell which can be expected against most teams you come up against , and during that spell they managed to equalise , yet after that we missed gilt edged chance with Green and the new lad.

Got to capitalize when we are on top though and if we replicate the first half performance then we won't be far away.

On a regular basis, we allow teams back into games through a lack of tactics and playing a system that often fails during games and that can only end up in goals against us.

You can win a game 1-0 provided you dominate the opposition and don't sit off and concede space and we don't so who do you blame?

Can any one tell me when a Steve Bruce team last did that over the last nine months?

col8 - 5/8/2017 20:53

Anyone had a shitfit and demanded Bruce be sacked yet?

Lol
Predictably yes Col.

Poor old Steve getting all the stick yet a professional footballer who can't head a ball in from 3 yards to win the game doesn't get a mention.

Who'd be a manager?.

(Shit loads on here apparently)

Melon Donkey - 5/8/2017 20:59

col8 - 5/8/2017 20:53

Anyone had a shitfit and demanded Bruce be sacked yet?

Lol
Predictably yes Col.

Poor old Steve getting all the stick yet a professional footballer who can't head a ball in from 3 yards to win the game doesn't get a mention.

Who'd be a manager?.

(Shit loads on here apparently)

Steve certainly isn't poor but his football is certainly old.

revdpete - 5/8/2017 20:51

Well I didn't see God awful football, I must have watched a different match, I actually thought we looked like a pretty solid unit for the first times in years. We looked well organised and fit and that is something I couldn't say for a start of a season since O Neil.

I'll debate with you Wurz! Nope it wasn't the worst we've seen by a long long long way! it was solid. But it was a tad boring and predictable. And when they equalised it was difficult to see where the creativity was going to come from.... till the substitutions.

I'd be a little more upbeat if that was against The Barcodes last season. But it was against a Hull side that is very average at best. They won't get promoted this season. They've got a lot of rebuilding to do.
Don't disagree with you at all Pete, just thought we looked fit, tidy and with a bit of luck and a tad more creativity we could be a very decent side in this division, after all we had a pretty decent opposition to contend with.

Wurzel - 5/8/2017 21:04

revdpete - 5/8/2017 20:51

Don't disagree with you at all Pete, just thought we looked fit, tidy and with a bit of luck and a tad more creativity we could be a very decent side in this division, after all we had a pretty decent opposition to contend with.

I thought Hull were terrible.

Unfortunately I couldn't watch the match as I couldn't get a Sky day pass to work, so I had to follow it all on the BBC and Sky sites. But from the commentary on the sites Hogan had several chances to score, at least one from our hero Gabby no less (nice goal of Gabby's by the way).

That may be Hogan's fault. Or not. Could it be something to do with the fact that Bruce didn't play Gabby and Hogan up front together once in pre-season? I was hoping he would because in the absence of Kodj then to me that pairing had distinct possibilities. Today was too much like a makeshift team in midfield and up front. Bruce doesn't seem to think of pre-season as the means of getting his best players getting used to playing together.

By the way, given our shortage of strikers why wasn't Davis on the bench? Or RHM? If Hull can play youngsters to good effect so can we.