Aston Villa v Hull City, Sat 5th August 2017, 5.30pm | Page 18 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Hull City, Sat 5th August 2017, 5.30pm

Melon Donkey - 7/8/2017 23:03

Over in the Samba up front thread the word 'embarrassing' has been mentioned regarding what happened in bringing him on. What was embarrassing for me was not that but the reception that Bacuna got when he was subbed. First game of the season, new signings playing and watching including one of the best defenders English football has seen in recent years who we should count ourselves lucky to be playing for us. What the hell must John Terry have thought.
THAT is embarrassing from the fans, not Samba playing upfront for a couple of minutes to try and win the game.

This is exactly it. The disconnect between the players and the fans is still huge.

If you boo the players once in a while you'll get a reaction like once maybe twice in a season but for us its so consistent its no wonder many players dont care. Should they care? Maybe, but if you're going to work everyday and getting slated I think you'd take the foot off the pedal too. Its what annoyed me about Westwood he is a rare player, one who in the modern era gave as much as he could despite being essentially hated by a huge portion of fans. I said it time and again, how does it help? The weight on that kids shoulders to perform every week and even when he did okay he still got slated. I am not rewriting history here he was poor but he was nowhere near as poor as made out to be if he was he wouldnt have gotten a ticket back to the EPL.

Personally I am lost I am not sure what can be done. As Toast below is pointing out we need to draw a line somewhere. I think the only way this will end is if we have a full season without a bad run its that dire of a situation because when Bruce steadied the ship last season all logic and positivity was thrown out the window as soon as we lost one game. Then we had another couple of bad results and people said he should be sacked. That is not normal for any club.

Manager Steve Bruce has spoken about the 'good signs' he saw in the weekend's draw with Hull City and he remains confident we now have the experience in the group...

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523318">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

And off we go again...! The Vital Villa man of the match vote results for Villa v Hull

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523325">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>