Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit | Page 7 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit

The audio on these press conferences has never been any good.

Shocking really, would only be worse if Jack Woodward was asking the questions :lol:

Just watched a bit of Marco Silva's presser on YouTube and the interviewer is properly mic'd up. Silva confirmed Lucas Digne would be fit and Delph was definitely out for another week.

Deano surprised when the press officer told him that he might face questions about big Wes after two games. Good job he's not on Twitter and VV :whist:

#shouldasignedastriker :hammer:

Ahem, I feel the need to clarify my position. I think Deano is right to back his judgement and give Wesley the opportunity to establish himself. What were the alternatives? Pay double for unproven talent like the barcodes and West Ham, buy the likes of Rodriguez or take a chance on the egos of Sturridge or Welbeck?

He could have signed a different unproven striker for a similar price or an additional striker and had 1 unhappy striker who wasn't playing. He knows Davis and Kodjia will wait for opportunities.

Damned if you do damned if you don't. Patience is needed. If Wesley doesn't settle, I would expect re-enforcements in Jan. I hope he comes good, the signs are there IMO.

Last edited:
Lauro has us to draw. Said we'd brought in a lot of players but you could see we had an identity in the way we play. He talks sense occasionally.

Doesn't matter if Wesley doesn't score. It does matter that somebody scores. The more the better.

Lauro has us to draw. Said we'd brought in a lot of players but you could see we had an identity in the way we play. He talks sense occasionally.

Doesn't matter if Wesley doesn't score. It does matter that somebody scores. The more the better.

I was thinking about this at work - as I like to get paid to think about things I care about - its a massive season for SJM in the goalscoring stakes. I didn’t appreciate it until this week, Grealish isn’t a big tally goal scorer in the Gerrard or Lampard way, I can’t see our wingers scoring that many and big Wes won’t be a 20 goal per season man. Maybe this is obvious to you all and it’s only just struck me, but we’re going to need a double figure haul from SJM. No pressure...

I was thinking about this at work - as I like to get paid to think about things I care about - its a massive season for SJM in the goalscoring stakes. I didn’t appreciate it until this week, Grealish isn’t a big tally goal scorer in the Gerrard or Lampard way, I can’t see our wingers scoring that many and big Wes won’t be a 20 goal per season man. Maybe this is obvious to you all and it’s only just struck me, but we’re going to need a double figure haul from SJM. No pressure...

Yup. We’ll need SJM to have a season like Platty did when he kept us up in 91.

No pressure son...