Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit | Page 8 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit

Everton are a proper club like us with good away support, much prefer them to the plastic bin dippers who wear red.

Hopefully another good atmosphere tomorrow

Plenty of Toffees on social media saying similar, paying respect to each other, proper clubs, proper fans, etc.

The oldest/most played fixture in world club football isn't it? I wonder if they will make it to kick off before Sky start banging that drum.

I was thinking about this at work - as I like to get paid to think about things I care about - its a massive season for SJM in the goalscoring stakes. I didn’t appreciate it until this week, Grealish isn’t a big tally goal scorer in the Gerrard or Lampard way, I can’t see our wingers scoring that many and big Wes won’t be a 20 goal per season man. Maybe this is obvious to you all and it’s only just struck me, but we’re going to need a double figure haul from SJM. No pressure...
I think big wes and trez will pop up with double figures too, Grealish should get close to 10 too... Hopefully.

Here's a video of the lads training. Watch the very last clip. I don't think we've seen the last of the top corner zingers from Doug.

Always had a soft spot for Everton, kinda saw them as our spiritual competition, but went to look at the forum and screw that, bunch of ****heads. When did they get so up themselves?! Season starts today ?

I think big wes and trez will pop up with double figures too, Grealish should get close to 10 too... Hopefully.

I'd be amazed if any of our players hit double figures this season let alone 3 or 4 of them.

That's not a criticism, it just doesn't happen very often.

There were only 32 players who hit double figures last in the whole premier league.

Of those 32, 16 were from the top 6 teams.

5 others played for other top 10 sides.

So basically there were 11 players from the remaining 10 bottom half teams who hit double figures.

If we have 1 player do it I'd be delighted. No way we'll have 3 or 4.

I'd be amazed if any of our players hit double figures this season let alone 3 or 4 of them.

That's not a criticism, it just doesn't happen very often.

There were only 32 players who hit double figures last in the whole premier league.

Of those 32, 16 were from the top 6 teams.

5 others played for other top 10 sides.

So basically there were 11 players from the remaining 10 bottom half teams who hit double figures.

If we have 1 player do it I'd be delighted. No way we'll have 3 or 4.
We've had more shots on target than any other side but Man City so far. Dean sets up to score goals, even when we are winning he will be looking to score goals. We are an attacking team with five positions in the formation which are there to score and create goals. We aren't going to keep many clean sheets so scoring goals is key to staying up.

I've woken up quite optimistic and excited about tonight. More shots on target than any other side bar City, we've won two halves of football and mistakes aside should have taken at least two points from the two games, Dean seemed happy and confident in the press conference...

Regardless of who Dean picks, I think we have a chance tonight. The first two games are over and nerves should be calmer. Yes we have to worry about Everton's clean sheets record, Digne and Sigurdsson, Richarlison, but we can take something from this game if we play a full 90 minutes with confidence and we take our chances.

Very optimistic indeed. Bring it on!

We've had more shots on target than any other side but Man City so far. Dean sets up to score goals, even when we are winning he will be looking to score goals. We are an attacking team with five positions in the formation which are there to score and create goals. We aren't going to keep many clean sheets so scoring goals is key to staying up.

Agree, but I think the goals will be spread out. As you say we have 5 positions you're looking at to get goals. If Wesley, Trez, McGinn, Grealish, El Ghazi, Hourihane, Jota, Luiz, all get between 6-10 goals i think that'd be great.

But there's no way 3 or 4 will get into double figures.

Agree, but I think the goals will be spread out. As you say we have 5 positions you're looking at to get goals. If Wesley, Trez, McGinn, Grealish, El Ghazi, Hourihane, Jota, Luiz, all get between 6-10 goals i think that'd be great.

But there's no way 3 or 4 will get into double figures.
Agree in principle but there's no chance El Ghazi, Hourihane, Luiz or Jota will get 6-10 goals. Both of our goals so far have been from open play and I think of the forward five, Jack and John and Wesley and Trez will be getting around 10 between them with John probably edging it.