Aston Villa v Chelsea, Sat 27 April, 8pm | Page 22 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Chelsea, Sat 27 April, 8pm

Yes, Chelsea deserved to win, but this classless prick Pochettino really is embarrassing himself and the little respect I had for him has now disappeared.

https://twitter.com/johntownley11
@johntownley11
·

Mauricio Pochettino on VAR: "Everyone that was watching the game will feel disappointed. It is painful as it has damaged English football and I think Villa players and their fans didn't understand why the goal was disallowed."

Chelsea do seem to have our number - certainly the last few games. That useless striker Jackson summed it up tonight - looked a world beater against us tonight, yet is dog shyte. Oh for Ramsey today - holding the ball and driving forward, holding the ball. Maybe next season
Him and Rogers with Duran, are absolute monsters all around the 21 mark

Yes, Chelsea deserved to win, but this classless prick Pochettino really is embarrassing himself and the little respect I had for him has now disappeared.

@johntownley11
·

Mauricio Pochettino on VAR: "Everyone that was watching the game will feel disappointed. It is painful as it has damaged English football and I think Villa players and their fans didn't understand why the goal was disallowed."
Is he on drugs 40k couldn't understand how the twonk with the whistle hadn't give a clear and obvious foul

Not read back so if repeated then soz.

Game context- Said before, a draw would be decent given the recent sequence . But no it wasn't decent . We were 2 nil up and therefore it's points dropped.

Season/wider context - a point gained?. Remains to be seen . But 7 points at this stage is a good place to be despite the ridiculous doom and gloom of the BBC match report. Last 4 since Citeh. 2 wins 2 draws . Points in unexpected places- Goons- and points lost where expected- Brentford. Tonight always was either way for me . They are not that bad . They really aren't.

Tactics tonight?.
Wrong.
We sat in . Unai set us up that way and the game was condensed. We needed to push higher and take it to them. We invited them on.
And I'm not patting myself on the back but I was going mental first half about the room Gallagher was getting and how he was dictating. How the fuck our coaching team didn't do something about it I am completely mystified about. Look who equalised ?. We never had a grip of the game apart from 15 or so in the first half.

And this HT, second half brain fart thing is doing my head in . Why we can't just play percentages for 10 after HT instead of giving teams momentum I just don't know. Its definitely 'a thing' whether it's Unai's tactics or our mentality. It's been going on for too long.

Its when we play like that and like we did against Lille and Brentford you can't see us getting another point all season then we go to Arsenal and win.
Yup. And why we are a way off doing this top 4 thing consistently. We may not get near next year, like Newcastle this year .

Its when we play like that and like we did against Lille and Brentford you can't see us getting another point all season then we go to Arsenal and win.
Point tonight, qualification against Lille, point against Brentford looking the poorest return. Good times when that run is seen by some as poor.

Yup. And why we are a way off doing this top 4 thing consistently. We may not get near next year, like Newcastle this year .
True, despite what some think we still need some next-level players unless we are happy with the top 8 and a pop at Europe every other season.
There is room for improvement in every department and I don't say that lightly because we have some top players at the club, who probably don't make top 3 sides. Sometimes we need to take off the C and B tints

He is not great at hold-up play, The best I've ever seen him was the second half last week but today he was back to normal and shrugged off it every time, by a pensioner. If only he had a touch like Rogers.
TBF every time I see Ollie struggle to hold up the ball there is no options for him to play. The closest player is 20 yards away or he is running toward our goal with the ball being hit at a good pace to him.

Unai probably needs to trust Duran more in games like that where Ollie is getting no support. Duran can do things without help, not always the case for Ollie.

TBF every time I see Ollie struggle to hold up the ball there is no options for him to play. The closest player is 20 yards away or he is running toward our goal with the ball being hit at a good pace to him.

Unai probably needs to trust Duran more in games like that where Ollie is getting no support. Duran can do things without help, not always the case for Ollie.
Sadly he struggles to hold it up because his touch isn't good enough, so no matter where the rest are it would make no difference as the ball bounces away from him.
He's a lovely lad and all that but he had Gabby like control.

I said at half time bring Duran on, our midfield was just completely overrun and at least he offers something different and the ability to more direct, I get that he's not a great hold-up player but he's still physical enough to cause the opposition problems. Their midfield press battered us for 90+ minutes and replacing Luiz with young Tim in the second half was never going to turn the tide, we needed to try something different not more of the same but with weaker players

I said at half time bring Duran on, our midfield was just completely overrun and at least he offers something different and the ability to more direct, I get that he's not a great hold-up player but he's still physical enough to cause the opposition problems. Their midfield press battered us for 90+ minutes and replacing Luiz with young Tim in the second half was never going to turn the tide, we needed to try something different not more of the same but with weaker players
Yeah on the whole we just need better players and a better squad. Unai needs to be better too, I don’t know how much of that was by design and how much was playing staff/form/injuries and so on.

Midfield needs a monster, the backline needs two or three players and we need another killer in attack.

Cash, John, Ezri and Digne don’t always stand up to high intensity pressing.

@johntownley11
·

Espanyol twat

Disappointing to lose another two goal lead but given the fact that we weren’t anywhere near our best I think we should be more than happy with a point which could be absolutely vital. Still could have won it, the miss from Ollie which I see the MOTD decided not to show even though it was our best chance of the night, summed up his night really. Just seen the disallowed goal..dont know what the bloody fuss is about. Clear push which meant Diego couldn’t clear the ball. How Pawson missed it in the first place should be the talking point! Come on you Gooners….please do the business tomorrow!
Hmmm ... motd not showing the Ollie miss right near the end is just typical of the media stance towards Villa ..... as predictable as my response ..... fta. The espanyol twat poch statement is a disgrace, clear push so go and do one. We all know how the 'ref' missed it ffs. I see Ollie is getting a bit of stick here, well ffs stop reverting to hoofing the ball up to him with his back to goal, how many times I have said this is unreal. He needs the ball in the channels and also the support, then it happens. So unbelievable that Yuri got injured and I pray the Emi is ok for Thursday because the worlds number 2 just doesn't have that presence. To keep things brief, I will wrap up by announcing that NEVER EVER have I wanted a gooners win more than this weekend.

Hmmm ... motd not showing the Ollie miss right near the end is just typical of the media stance towards Villa ..... as predictable as my response ..... fta. The espanyol twat poch statement is a disgrace, clear push so go and do one. We all know how the 'ref' missed it ffs. I see Ollie is getting a bit of stick here, well ffs stop reverting to hoofing the ball up to him with his back to goal, how many times I have said this is unreal. He needs the ball in the channels and also the support, then it happens. So unbelievable that Yuri got injured and I pray the Emi is ok for Thursday because the worlds number 2 just doesn't have that presence. To keep things brief, I will wrap up by announcing that NEVER EVER have I wanted a gooners win more than this weekend.
Watched MotD at my mates, first time in a year and it’s so glaring how differently we’re viewed. And it’s not just us either it’s how certain things are viewed.

Mainstream pundits in England are very bad. The lads on the US show are so much better and more balanced. The way the big sides are favored in every instance is so clear when you watch US coverage for awhile.

Take the incident in the Liverpool game today. The US lads explained how the ref gestured for advantage so the whole incident is a non-issue.

shocking performance mate. throwing away leads like tonight, its happening too often. Unai won't be happy and neither am I but if some are fair enough. Continuous improvement is the game
Apparently on the Villa website, Emerys happy with last night's result, I'm not sure why, cos when we pushed at them they had no answers, that 2nd half was an absolute shit show.

Emi's out Thursday isnt he, red card ?