Aston Villa v Chelsea, Sat 27 April, 8pm | Page 25 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Chelsea, Sat 27 April, 8pm

I agree that we were very fortunate that their goal was chalked off. Had they not scored, I doubt anyone would have considered that we should have had a free kick.
Really?? Myself and several others by me were calling for a free kick as soon as it happened and that's from the opposite end of the pitch. How the ref couldn't see that from where he was standing is beyond me.

Fair enough, but how many times have we seen far worse than that and nothing is given.
If it had happened in the Chelsea box, do you think VAR would have taken 5 minutes. Clear push on a player going for the ball. It’s cheating and a foul every time. The fact that refs don’t give pushes, nudges, holding etc in every situation doesn’t mean it’s not against the laws of the game.

Squad player next season maybe?

Can't see that. We've gone way beyond him. Should have sold him after his 10 goal lockdown season. It is nice that he still sees us as "his" club though, he still has a house in the Midlands i believe.

If I were him I'd be off to Turkey or Saudi as he's now massively popular there due to him getting the sack for speaking out about the goings on in Palestine.

After both post match interviews from each manager last night, I'm so glad we have an honest manager in Emery who tells it like it without all the drama and hissy-fit's you get from Pochettino.

Classless Chelsea and Pochettino deserve each other, and it's rather satisfying to have them 19 points behind us in the league table.

After both post match interviews from each manager last night, I'm so glad we have an honest manager in Emery who tells it like it without all the drama and hissy-fit's you get from Pochettino.

Classless Chelsea and Pochettino deserve each other, and it's rather satisfying to have them 19 points behind us in the league table.
I actually enjoyed seeing their fans and the players after their third goal was disallowed - horrible fans

If someone can sort Madeukes attitude out and harness his obvious ability he'll be a top player. Terrified me every time he got the ball today. Thought Digne coped as best he could but he got turned inside out most of the night.

If someone can sort Madeukes attitude out and harness his obvious ability he'll be a top player. Terrified me every time he got the ball today. Thought Digne coped as best he could but he got turned inside out most of the night.
I said in the match thread - every time I’ve seen him he has looked decent - imagine Emery schooling him - looks to have a stinking attitude though. Gallagher, Palmer and him all look good - they can all sign for us if they want European football next year :bounce:

It seemed to be one of their tactics in the 2nd half to try and isolate Digne against Madueke and it was causing us big problems. Talented lad but absolute knob end, similar to a young Zaha

As usual the commentary last night was pants - the bloke who ever he was - bloody imbecile, was loving every minute of the Chelsea comeback - and he couldn’t accept the disallowed goal at the end - joker.

Yep, never seen him play like that, in fact the only time I've seen most of these Chelsea players play well was last night and the cup tie. What a surprise.

I hope they can put a performance in like that when they play Spurs and they don't just do it against the big clubs.