Aston Villa v Brighton Match Thread - Sat 20th Nov - 3pm | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brighton Match Thread - Sat 20th Nov - 3pm

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
What is this?!?! A Saturday 3pm kick off.. How novel.

Stevie G's first game in charge, and I have to think already a must win game as if we don't we could conceivably be in the bottom 3 with a tough run of fixtures to come.

Trez is obviously still out. We'll have to await news on Traore, Luiz and Ings. I'm sure none will want to miss the new managers first team selection.

I'm sure the villa faithful will give the new boss a warm villa Park welcome!

:utv:

Big challenge for his first game in charge and one he’ll need the players to rise to. Brighton are always incredibly well drilled and difficult to break down but if you do you can win.

Under Dean I found we always had a hard time breaking through their press. Buendia, Bailey and Ramsey are my key men for this game.

What might have looked a nicer fixture before the season started looks a tough one now, but nothing compared to what we're facing afterwards. Real baptism of fire.

As per Pangloss, a disciplined and committed performance is what I'm looking for. We'll need a bit of luck I think, but hopefully we make our own for once.

6 draws and a loss in their last 7 outings. They are going to be hard to break down but I'm sick of us coughing up points against them. Got to be a win for me, make a statement: "Steven Gerrard is in charge now and we won't be gifting anyone anything from now on".

If we have any ambitions, this is the type of game we must start winning regularly.

This is simply the type of game we have to win if we ever want to do anything other than circle the drain in this league.

As for the team it all obviously depends on who is fit. Ings, Luiz, Sanson especially. If they aren't available then I'd go

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Young

Mcginn Nakamba Ramsey

Bailey Watkins Buendia

If Doug is fit then he comes in for Marvelous. If Ings is fit then he's in for Watkins. Sanson will have to make do with a spot on the bench for now.

After the luke warm reception to Stevie G being announced our new manager, a loss would see twatter and probably this forum go into a complete meltdown.
I'd take a draw just to stop the losing run, but really hoping we'll see a positive reaction from some under performers and a new manager bounce will give us the 3 points. If Mings could manage an accidental forearm smash into Maupay's chops as well I'd be very happy by 5pm Saturday

I hope Steve tightens up the defence while adding bite to the attack. He says he goes out to win every match and I hope the players catch on. Also hope he include Carney, Archer and Philo on the bench and uses them if he can.

Such a big game now, not just for Stevie but we really need to pick up points fast.

He won't have had much time with the players, so this one really is down to them putting performances in. We need to be clinical with chances, and make no mistakes at the back. Easier said than done.

Really looking forward to it though, should be a cracking atmosphere.

Such a big game now, not just for Stevie but we really need to pick up points fast.

He won't have had much time with the players, so this one really is down to them putting performances in. We need to be clinical with chances, and make no mistakes at the back. Easier said than done.

Really looking forward to it though, should be a cracking atmosphere.

Agreed the place should be rocking.

I would also like to put on record that .....

I AM BANG UP FOR THIS.

Say what you like but Gerry was brought here to win. Anything less than that on Saturday and we'll start to see cracks in the ice.

Sorry to be miserable, but I see this being a big anti climax
Brighton so difficult to break down, we already have significant injury problems, plus players coming back from international duty either knocked or knackered.
So hope I am wrong, but will take a draw from this one, and hope to see something noticably different in the set up.

Im guessing there first choice keeper is out after his Red card.

Martinez
Cash Konsa Mings Young
Sanson Marvellous
Buendia Luiz Bailey
Ings.

Its way past time Luiz was tried further forward.

Lets start with just a decent formation and some actual tactics and stuff like substitutions that make sense etc
That would be real progress

It looks Gerrard has just one game to save his job !! 🤣 As long as I see effort, I think we will have started the process of turning things around. If we don't see that soon, starting the first game onwards, then we need to get rid of those who won't even do that, never mind actually putting in a good performance and getting a win.