Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Brentford: Saturday 6th April, 3pm

Funny isn't it, because for the most part we were all realistic about this result and took it on the chin. Almost inevitable. There will however be expectations on Saturday.
I'd written it off days ago, just as I have Arsenal away and Liverpool at home, their need is greater than ours as they are after the title, we currently don't have players with that mentality. Sometimes you have to be realistic. We need to give it the full bollocks in games we should win.

Brentford are desperate for a win, therefore this game is going to be brutal against possibly the most fouling, blocking wind-up team in the Premier League.

All encouraged by Freaky Franks on the touchline, encouraging them to act like that.

We really need an early goal to make them open up more on the pitch.
Their MO is to be pricks, can't complain too much because they do it to every top team they play. We saw what they did vs. United and except for Liverpool they've generally given Arsenal, City, Spurs, Ourselves chuntish fucking games.

Nobody has mentioned that they're 8 games without a win now so I think as a fanbase we're less concerned about these things now.

Rogers, Duran and a newly revived Zaniolo and a returning and fresh McGinn should see us match their intensity and physicality.

He is absolutely clueless , one of the worst refs I have ever seen.

We have won those games despite him .

Another 90 minutes of incredulity awaits.
A number of prerequisites to becoming a referee include blindness, incompetence, inconsistency, a lack of impartiality, a desire to become a 'celebrity', never having played the game, being clueless, not actually implementing the rules, ignoring new directives after a few games. All in the name of gaining a FIFA badge asap. Of course these days all of this can be achieved without even being on the pitch. Should any of these 'officials' desire a slightly lower profile position, there is always the 4th official option which is akin to being an officious, self righteous, untouchable manikin with comms whose sole purpose is to be a nodding dog to the referee and ensure coaches are sent to the stands and banned. Who would be a manager or a member of the backroom staff. Never mind the whole new game of remote 'assistants'. ....

Last edited:
I think other than winning this game I’d like to see a good performance. I know someone said recently don’t worry about performances, it’s all about wins, yes I get that, but having seen us the last 5 league games play worse than our opponents (check the XG people) I’d like to see us control games like we were up earlier this season, if we don’t soon then I see spurs 4th and us 5th I’m afraid to say. Hopefully that still gets us champs league.

I think other than winning this game I’d like to see a good performance. I know someone said recently don’t worry about performances, it’s all about wins, yes I get that, but having seen us the last 5 league games play worse than our opponents (check the XG people) I’d like to see us control games like we were up earlier this season, if we don’t soon then I see spurs 4th and us 5th I’m afraid to say. Hopefully that still gets us champs league.
I hope that is tongue in cheek about the XG.

So we were the worst team in each of the last five games because our xg was poor in each of the 5? Interesting take given we won two and drew one of those five with an injury/suspension/sickness list as long as your arm. We’d all like us to control games for 90 minutes but seriously who really gives a toss at this stage of the season as long as we continue to pick up points. It’s all about getting the job done surely.

We've not been performing to the high standards we've set over the majority of the 15 months or so but that would be near impossible with the players we have been without over the last few months.

Cash, Kamara, Tielemens, Pau, Duran, Mings, Buendia, JJ, Digne, Moreno, Carlos have all been put injured for a month or more during this season. Add to that Mcginns suspension, Ollie and Emi missing the city game and you've got a very thinly stretched group.

Hopefully Emi, Ollie and Ramsey will return this Saturday and with Mcginn back we will start looking a bit smoother.

We've not been performing to the high standards we've set over the majority of the 15 months or so but that would be near impossible with the players we have been without over the last few months.

Cash, Kamara, Tielemens, Pau, Duran, Mings, Buendia, JJ, Digne, Moreno, Carlos have all been put injured for a month or more during this season. Add to that Mcginns suspension, Ollie and Emi missing the city game and you've got a very thinly stretched group.

Hopefully Emi, Ollie and Ramsey will return this Saturday and with Mcginn back we will start looking a bit smoother.
Injuries are a part of every football clubs season, the seasons have become long and hard and it's an unfortunate by-product of the amount of games they are being asked to perform in. Our injury/suspension woes have compounded the fatigue on certain leading players having to carry more of the load - both in terms of number of games played and additional load during games, resulting in some "less than stellar" performances of late. Not worried about it, just rationalising it in my own head.

Emi and Ollie to be assessed tomorrow. That's them not playing then I strongly suspect.

Got a niggling feeling about this one. I know we didn't 'accept' the loss v Citeh but the old well we will win the next game because its 'easier ' thinking came in. If only it were as simple in Premier league football.

Big. Big game this . They are fucking shit houses.

Emi and Ollie to be assessed tomorrow. That's them not playing then I strongly suspect.

Got a niggling feeling about this one. I know we didn't 'accept' the loss v Citeh but the old well we will win the next game because its 'easier ' thinking came in. If only it were as simple in Premier league football.

Big. Big game this . They are fucking shit houses.
Yep no easy games in this league even at full strength let alone with a depleted squad