Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 62 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Flights coaches lol. They are the buggers who took us to an away game at Norwich in the 70s and after we had got off the coach first, changed the departure time by 20mins because of a fracas on the car park.
Got back to New Street 2.30 Sunday afternoon. Thanks Flights.

Yes, many a story Kev (Glensider) I and the older Villans on this forum could tell you about traveling on Flights & Stockland Green coaches to watch the Villa away late 60's and into the '70s.

Some of the things witnessed and that actually happened would probably seem like fiction to the younger crowd on here:lol:3018927524_b44788199c.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, many a story Kev (Glensider) and I could tell you about traveling on Flights & Stockland Green coaches to watch the Villa away late 60's and into the '70s.

Some of the things witnessed and that actually happened would probably seem like fiction to the younger crowd on here:lol:View attachment 34689
Yes, many a story Kev (Glensider) and I could tell you about traveling on Flights & Stockland Green coaches to watch the Villa away late 60's and into the '70s.

Some of the things witnessed and that actually happened would probably seem like fiction to the younger crowd on here:lol:
TView attachment 34689

There were six of us all told TH and four went all the way home in a taxi, and they had a whip round to buy our train tickets. I had never met any of these lads before, and had gone to the game on my own.
One lad gave me the trainfare and Sunday afternoon when I got home I went round to Inkerman House, opposite the Bartons Arms and repaid him.
What a fantstic gesture from this chap, who had never laid eyes on me before, but the fact I was a fellow Villa fan meant he never thought twice.
Flights told me to do one, however a second visit with father forced a rethink.

Blimey that's gut wrenching for me I can see the exact spot where my beloved late uncle used to lead me and my two cousins to the spot we always stood it's lovely but horrible to see again.

I sincerely hope the happy memories outweigh the sad one's gator, although I must admit the photo certainly brings the memories flooding back of how we all shared the Holte with friends and the many, many characters who loved the Villa and who have now sadly become Holte Enders In The Sky.

Many ridiculously far too young to pass over as well - However life goes on as they say. UTV:utv::utv::utv:

holte-enders-in-the-sky.jpg

Last edited:
How I always remember entering the ground and looking up at my beloved Holte End.View attachment 34690

So many memories encapsulated in that old photo TH. Its really wierd but the one thing that always stands out for me when I see photos of the old Holte are those square windows that used to go along the back roof. It some how gives the place a sinister look. Brilliant image.

I used to stand by the concrete block in that pic that anchoured the floodlight leg. That was once i was old enough to go with just my friends. You learnt not to stand right behind a barrier soon enough lol

Yes, many a story Kev (Glensider) I and the older Villans on this forum could tell you about traveling on Flights & Stockland Green coaches to watch the Villa away late 60's and into the '70s.

Some of the things witnessed and that actually happened would probably seem like fiction to the younger crowd on here:lol:View attachment 34689
Come on, tell us more. These are the stories we want to hear.