Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Gérard fucking houllala.
Alex decking mcleish
Paul flecking lambery
Cockney barrow boy
French bloke
Pie face
Japanese Italian.
And so on, thank god we have Dean smith.

When he walked out we fell apart.

Not because he left but partly because of how he left us and what he left us with. That allied to a distracted and no longer committed owner, which led to consistently poor appointments and serial mismanagement.

The current set up is the most professional that we have had in my lifetime.
If they remain committed, those 9 years will never happen again. Can we reach the promised land? Who knows. Any ascent will be evolution not revolution, I think some fans will find that frustrating. First step avoid relegation.

Not because he left but partly because of how he left us and what he left us with. That allied to a distracted and no longer committed owner, which led to consistently poor appointments and serial mismanagement.

The current set up is the most professional that we have had in my lifetime.
If they remain committed, those 9 years will never happen again. Can we reach the promised land? Who knows. Any ascent will be evolution not revolution, I think some fans will find that frustrating. First step avoid relegation.
For some bizarre reason every time I read the comment evolution not revolution I think of werewolves not swear Wolves

As Thanos said in the avengers he was inevitable. Aston Villa are inevitable. It was inevitable that we would fall, it was inevitable that we would rise again, from the ghost of William McGregor , To the shoulder of Peter Mac, to the boot of Bruce Ricoh, To the silk of Brian Little, to the drive of Ron Saunders, to the shin of Peter Withe, To the vision of Sidney Cowans, to the toils of Graham Taylor, to the speed of Tony Daly, To the goals of Saunders and Atkinson, to the betrayal of Dwight Yorke, To the men mountains of Scandinavia and onwards. This day was inevitable as is the future that will follow
Brilliant ovb. Remember that football sage,sir Graham Taylor saying that football giants can crash but they will rise again. Even during the desperate aftermath of the Fulham Wembley heartache,l still believed that the very name Aston Villa meant a knight in shining armour would come to the rescue
But to our great joy,our new owners were serious,grown up and minted. Serendipity.

Might be interesting.

Be even more interesting if you asked before linking to a product on your very first (and very last) post. JF

Last edited by a moderator: