Aston Villa: Memory Lane | Page 60 | Vital Football

Aston Villa: Memory Lane

Apologies in advance, not related to this subject. I am trying to find out where I can get a Villa pennant for my local bar in Shanghai. It will stand out against all the other shit they have hanging up.

Cant you use ebay in China? There will be hundreds on there

Apologies in advance, not related to this subject. I am trying to find out where I can get a Villa pennant for my local bar in Shanghai. It will stand out against all the other shit they have hanging up.
If you pay for his flight I am sure Northampton Vile would travel ?

I was talking to an old mate at the weekend and we have been going to Villa Park since the early 70's.
We were reminiscing about times way back then and for home games we would get to the Witton Arms for 12:00 and have a few drinks before moving over to the ground to take up our position at the back of the Holte (the Right side). The atmosphere in the Witton Arms was always great and the queue to get drinks was such that you always got 3 pints in when you finally got served. The singing was great and all the songs of the day got belted out. There used to be an old boy that sat at the end of the bar and every now and then he would sing out with songs from a previous era and when he did the pub would go quiet to listen to the guy do his own trip down memory lane before we launched back into our own repertoire about Brian Little, Andy Gray, Alex Cropley etc. I am assuming that the old boy will be with the Holte Enders in the Sky now, but am just asking if anyone else remembers him and those great times.
UTV
VTID
HEITS
COYVB

It was on the 9th August 2010 that Martin O'Neill walked out on Villa just before the start of the season - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/09/martin-oneill-quits-aston-villa -
and that was the start of the decline of our great club. In the following 8 years since that eventful day in 2010 we slipped and slithered with an owner who lost interest, with clueless managers and recruitment staff, with players who were nowhere near good enough.
The inevitable drop from the Premier League came and we then had the false dawn of a new owner who appeared to want to make the club great again, when in reality he was a chancer who nearly put us into oblivion. Then when the vultures were circling and it looked like our darkest hour had arrived, two new owners emerged to plough in funds, to find a manager who knew what Villa was about and who got us back to the place where we belong.
The funds have been forthcoming but the cryptic tweets have gone. We now have a team and management that will compete on the pitch and an ownership and backroom staff who will compete off the pitch. We will survive the drop this season and surprise a few along the way and then kick on next season.
There are a few on here who are bitter against Martin Toenail - myself included - but look where the parties who split up on the 9th August 2010 are now. We are back in the big time with a bright future (remember that slogan) and the bitter little manager is unemployed having been sacked by a mediocre Championship club mid way through last season.
If he had stayed would we have progressed to where we are now? Not really and we would still be struggling with players of the Heskey and Harewood ilk, so in a perverse kind of way, I say thanks for walking out Martin and allowing the phoenix to rise from the flames.

As Thanos said in the avengers he was inevitable. Aston Villa are inevitable. It was inevitable that we would fall, it was inevitable that we would rise again, from the ghost of William McGregor , To the shoulder of Peter Mac, to the boot of Bruce Ricoh, To the silk of Brian Little, to the drive of Ron Saunders, to the shin of Peter Withe, To the vision of Sidney Cowans, to the toils of Graham Taylor, to the speed of Tony Daly, To the goals of Saunders and Atkinson, to the betrayal of Dwight Yorke, To the men mountains of Scandinavia and onwards. This day was inevitable as is the future that will follow

He who walked out on us was good in the day, but like many others persevered with a style that has long gone out of fashion. At last we have a guy that we longed for, someone who plays attractive football the modern way, and to top it off he's one of us.