Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day | Page 50 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day

I'm also starting to think that maybe our football league is corrupt?

I never wanted t think that as I thought it was bordering on paranoia but from what my eyes tell me and what former ref Mark Halsley has said then it makes you think!?

Is that a genuine statement from Halsey, or just someone trying to create mischief? Surely if he had come out with that there would be a major investigation into it

Well I’m not going to have a reasonable debate with you if you wish to talk to me like that. Out of order.
Listen, when you get a told you’re talking waffle and to remove your Villa glasses, I also don’t believe a reasonable debate can be had, granted my response could’ve been a little less aggressive, but after bleeding Claret & Blue blood for as long as I have, I find that being told to remove your Villa glasses by another Villa fan a tad strange. I can only apologise for my blinkered view.

Listen, when you get a told you’re talking waffle and to remove your Villa glasses, I also don’t believe a reasonable debate can be had, granted my response could’ve been a little less aggressive, but after bleeding Claret & Blue blood for as long as I have, I find that being told to remove your Villa glasses by another Villa fan a tad strange. I can only apologise for my blinkered view.

The difference being I haven’t been aggressive and unreasonable in my response. You’re letting your emotion rule your head whereas I’m trying to take a more balanced approach to it. I’ve said I don’t believe it shouldn’t have been given but I’ve also said why it probably has been.

Don't knock it mate he's Brazilian they do stuff like that the alternative are players who are shit scared to have the ball and never give it away because they have it

If Mings had back-heeled it by our box to a Man U player.....

The difference being I haven’t been aggressive and unreasonable in my response. You’re letting your emotion rule your head whereas I’m trying to take a more balanced approach to it. I’ve said I don’t believe it shouldn’t have been given but I’ve also said why it probably has been.

I haven’t accused you of being aggressive, and I’ve apologised for my blinkered view, not sure what else I can do really, if you want me to agree with your view you’re going to be waiting a very long time, I’ve taken your points on board Re: penalty, I still believe it was the wrong decision.

I know Smith seems to be reluctant to make substitutions. But surely leaving it to the last ten minutes isn't the way to turn a match like this around. We don't have the subs to make an instant impact; they need more time.

I reckon shoving Ramsey and Davis on for the last 20 minutes would have boosted our energy levels and given these players more time to do something.

I know Smith seems to be reluctant to make substitutions. But surely leaving it to the last ten minutes isn't the way to turn a match like this around. We don't have the subs to make an instant impact; they need more time.

I reckon shoving Ramsey and Davis on for the last 20 minutes would have boosted our energy levels and given these players more time to do something.

Agreed.

The set piece nonsense is a different story....Traore's cock up started it but it should've been ended in midfield.

In that passage of play Mings' focus was the crosser (a valid argument is why he didn't get closer, but I presume he thought Targett? would make the ground up quicker) so it falls on Konsa not getting tighter to challenge for me.

But it's one of those things, it's ten a penny in the game and like most things in football, it usually ends up in the stands. It wasn't a big enough cock up from any single player for blame...it's just one of those things.

I don't like both CBs in the box for corners/free kicks....I want one to stay back. Giving top players a sprint vs our defence back to our box doesn't seem like a sensible strategy to me.

End of the day, it is modern £ootall and in the modern game, sadly, it probably was a penalty, or at least wasn't a clear and obvious error (a problem with the way VAR is set up) for the ref to be corrected (should always be the ref going to the camera to look in my opinion)

And to be fair it isnt as if we've not taken a few dives as well, if it had been the other end, with Jack or Luiz taking the dive, not sure many would have been saying no penalty, just an old git like me ruing the cheating and diving and the way the game has gone.

I don't like both CBs in the box for corners/free kicks....I want one to stay back. Giving top players a sprint vs our defence back to our box doesn't seem like a sensible strategy to me.

Agreed, he gets caught for position so often because of it.

I haven’t accused you of being aggressive, and I’ve apologised for my blinkered view, not sure what else I can do really, if you want me to agree with your view you’re going to be waiting a very long time, I’ve taken your points on board Re: penalty, I still believe it was the wrong decision.

I know you haven’t because I wasn’t aggressive, that’s my point.

The thing is we share the same view, you just won’t look at it from another perspective.

I know you haven’t because I wasn’t aggressive, that’s my point.

The thing is we share the same view, you just won’t look at it from another perspective.
Agreed, I really do hate arguing with other Villans, sometimes forget that others have a more, let’s say grown up view.