Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day | Page 49 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Man Utd New Years Day

Any contact without touching the ball in the box is now a highly possible penalty. When Jack has it in the box I’m shouting penalty before anyone has got near him. Half in jest, half in truth, that’s the nature of football today.

Any contact without touching the ball in the box is now a highly possible penalty. When Jack has it in the box I’m shouting penalty before anyone has got near him. Half in jest, half in truth, that’s the nature of football today.

It's not how we like it, but certainly Jack needs to do more in the Opponents box and make them commit, fuck what anyone else thinks, Man Utd had 20 odd Pens last season we had 2.

It's all very well saying we should move on now but the problem is United will move on to the next game and employ the same cheating tactics to gain a penalty so serial cheat Bruno can probably make it 34 in 60 games.

I don't think it was even accidental from Pogba as he clipped his own leg to go down.

What's frustrating is the only way to stop these serial cheats is better refereeing and Var to actually do the job it was brought in for but with the shocking standard of referees in England we know that's not going to happen.
Still baffled as to why no English referees were chosen for the last World Cup. Oh,hang on.

So everyone is understandably pissed off because of the Pogba penalty decision.
It only proves what I have thought for a long time, I have a theory VAR is only there to confirm bias towards the top 6 clubs. Last night was evidence if it were needed that Pogba went down under his own steam, clear as clear.
1. How did the VAR official having watched it over and over in slow motion give a penalty.
2. Why was the ref not invited to view the VAR and make his own mind up?

VAR is corrupt as fuck, had that been a Villa player going down against United, Liverplop or Man City it would not have been given. Its coming to a stage in football where you will have to beat them by 2 clear goals to get 3 points.

I will take a decent performance again from the lads, Mc Tommany was amazing last week against Leeds this week he never got a kick of the ball.

Onward and upward tricky game against Spurs coming up but do we have to fear them? Not this season..... COYL.

If pogba catches Luiz that’s not a foul for pogba

Sorry but you’re talking waffle. Take your Villa glasses off briefly and look at it as neutral, Pogba catches the leg of Luiz and as Luiz is tight to him, Pogba then goes down and a penalty is given. He’s made that an easy decision for the referee. Yes it was soft, probably shouldn’t have been given but it was and that’s that. Let’s not forget we probably had the most fortunate decision of recent years back in July against Sheffield United which was quite clearly a goal.

Sorry but you’re talking waffle. Take your Villa glasses off briefly and look at it as neutral, Pogba catches the leg of Luiz and as Luiz is tight to him, Pogba then goes down and a penalty is given. He’s made that an easy decision for the referee. Yes it was soft, probably shouldn’t have been given but it was and that’s that. Let’s not forget we probably had the most fortunate decision of recent years back in July against Sheffield United which was quite clearly a goal.
Take my Villa glasses off...you can fuck right off, you need to put yours on.

Still baffled as to why no English referees were chosen for the last World Cup. Oh,hang on.

First time ever as well in the History of the World Cup dating all the way back to 1930.

Says it all about the way the level of competence has deteriorated over the years but when you think that the Managing Director of referees in England is former useless ref Mike Riley then we shouldn't be surprised.

First time ever as well in the History of the World Cup dating all the way back to 1930.

Says it all about the way the level of competence has deteriorated over the years but when you think that the Managing Director of referees in England is former useless ref Mike Riley then we shouldn't be surprised.

It's nothing that I haven't been saying for years.

You couldn't put a good ref together from all of them. Completely self absorbed with their own perceived fame.

What a striker Shearer was.

He would have scored those 2 Watkins headers and the Mings one.

Most difficult position to fill , the striker one but so often the difference between average and good and good and excellent.
He certainly was apparently not a nice man though I know someone who did some work at his house for him and he called him Alan and he said Mr Shearer to you :LOL: