Aston Villa away to Chelsea Match Thread (28/12) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Aston Villa away to Chelsea Match Thread (28/12)

I know Mings has had a fair bit of criticism on here in recent weeks, but I think we will miss his leadership at the back tomorrow. As much as I like House and Konsa they both seem a bit too quiet. There will be times tomorrow where it will be backs to the wall and someone will need to be barking out the orders to organise us properly.

I know Mings has had a fair bit of criticism on here in recent weeks, but I think we will miss his leadership at the back tomorrow. As much as I like House and Konsa they both seem a bit too quiet. There will be times tomorrow where it will be backs to the wall and someone will need to be barking out the orders to organise us properly.
Agree someone will need to step up in that respect. Heaton is a talker, but I can't imagine that he'll be displacing Emi anytime soon.... :grinning:

Let's hope these players keep a cool head in the next few games, we've got Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Everton.

Grealish 4 yellow cards
McGinn 4 yellow cards
Targett 4 yellow cards

Really hope Konsa takes leadership of the back line. It might not be with the Mings style swagger but in a more Southgate-style organiser. It’ll be good to see Konsa in the role of the one who drops off and doesn’t man mark quite so much, I think that role is made for him.

I agree about the leadership, when I’ve seen them before together it seems very quiet with the four at the back, none of whom take the lead role from the game I remember.

Hause needs to just concentrate on what he does well - man marking, and working on where he’s poor - his distribution. He’ll get to play left side which will suit him.

Would take a draw right here , right now.

In truth we are due a loss and they are due a win. But feels a bit like a free hit for us due to the recent record of 3 wins from 4 and being against a traditional top 4 side . We are far ahead where I thought we would be.

A lot will of course depends on the reaction of 2 games in 48 hours. Which i will say again , is absolutely shambolic. Why?, just why?. We have had one mid week league game since the season start and I haven’t looked forward but I refuse to believe there isn’t time in the schedule to move this 28th fixture elsewhere.

We will be doing well to come through this period without any long term injury or suspensions .

4 players with 4 bookings now JG and SJM Luiz and targett glup they will get suspended as they need to get to 19 games without another booking

being Gobby is not always a good thing especially if you are talking shite, I'd rather have a player who plays a good game than one who talks one but yes I get where you're coming from

4 players with 4 bookings now JG and SJM Luiz and targett glup they will get suspended as they need to get to 19 games without another booking

Luiz is on 3 I believe, Still a massive amount of cards to be had already, We might get away with one being suspended at a time but not even Barkley can fill Grealish's boots he'd need to be at the top of his game.

Targett - Mings
SJM - Barkley
Grealish - Barkley

Btw we haven't started this well to a season for 22 years.

Looks to me as if Martinez has plenty to say, another massive plus for him.

I was looking at Sky sports which had him on 3.

Just looked at Premier league site and yes he is on 4. So yes, would be going with that one I’m afraid.

Skysports probably going with the transfermarket.co.uk which has him at 3, Sofascore, Whoscored and yeah the Prem has him at 4, I picked all the cards up from a Chelsea article that were analyzing us believe it or not.

Chelsea vs Aston Villa - the stats | Official Site | Chelsea Football Club (chelseafc.com)

Very interesting read, and if we win it will show how far we've came, we've got a right shit record against them, but on a positive they've never beaten us more than 6 times in a row at their ground...