Ashley's Review | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ashley's Review

If Pardew coaches the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa much longer Gateshead will have a chance of snapping them up.

Anyone who thinks Pardew will have learnt anything from last season and will suddenly become tactically astute is living in the land iof dreams.
It will be more of the same because The Manager and coaching staff are out of their depth. Where would they be if they were not at the land of milk and honey, I'll tell you, they would be in The Championship.
Whoever they sign will be played out of position, Pardew will say he is happy with his squad at the end of August and how great they are, then the injury excuses will reawaken plus numerous other excuses on his list.
There was no review, it was a jolly for the boys.

The time for Pardew to have learned was when he repeated the West Ham exercise with Charlton. Any body who looks back to his appointment will be able to find threads where some of us said we hoped he had learned from his mistakes. Owl, I fear you are right.

thecorner - 23/5/2013 12:11

The E Wing - 23/5/2013 11:55

I find it totally reassuring that the people who 'get football' are 100% sure that getting rid of Pardew will be the answer to all our prayers

I wonder why that silly sausage Mike Ashley just doesn't do the right thing then

*wonders*

You still think pardew is the right man for the job don't you?

No I don't think he's the right man for the job at all

What I know for a fact is that Ashley will never employ the right man for the job either

I look at Ashleys previous appointments and I certainly don't see a Benitez or his like as the next in the sequence

So, while those who 'get football' can bemoan our current situation till they're blue in the face, I'm content enough to think that If Pardew is given the necessary players this Summer we can get closer to replicating last seasons showing rather than this

Pardews history might well make me look foolish but I'm happy to go with my gut feeling

The E Wing - 23/5/2013 15:54

thecorner - 23/5/2013 12:11

The E Wing - 23/5/2013 11:55

I find it totally reassuring that the people who 'get football' are 100% sure that getting rid of Pardew will be the answer to all our prayers

I wonder why that silly sausage Mike Ashley just doesn't do the right thing then

*wonders*

You still think pardew is the right man for the job don't you?

No I don't think he's the right man for the job at all

What I know for a fact is that Ashley will never employ the right man for the job either

I look at Ashleys previous appointments and I certainly don't see a Benitez or his like as the next in the sequence

So, while those who 'get football' can bemoan our current situation till they're blue in the face, I'm content enough to think that If Pardew is given the necessary players this Summer we can get closer to replicating last seasons showing rather than this

Pardews history might well make me look foolish but I'm happy to go with my gut feeling

But why not?
The clubs on its best financial footing in years,running at a profit.
A talented first x1 & some good youngsters to work with.
What could possibly stop us getting a decent manager in?

What sort of players do you think we should be looking at Mac?

I'd like to see us go for some proven Premier League experience aswell as carrying on with bargain foreigners

I've never really done the 'who should we go for' thing as it's a pretty pointless exercise, I would however like to see us go for Benteke

Pardew is an average manager who has handled what has been thrown at him this season badly.......The reason I'm willing to give him another shout is because I do not see any other manager of Ashleys chosing dealing with what Pardew has had to deal with any better

I don't enjoy putting up with mediocre but I've certainly got used to it over the years

It looks like ToTT led the way in a critique of Pardew staying. It seems that every other site has responded the same way.

Even the Ed Harrison site has a majority of supporters against.

Looking back at the wording from Llambias, he says:
"our desire, as we announced back in September, is to bring long-term stability to this Club"
which seems to be interpreted as "Pardew stays". That might be a misinterpretation.

OK, so maybe it is wishful thinking but maybe Llambias was smart enough to wait for the reaction and guidance from supporters. After all, the Keegan tribunal found this regime to be liars.

Shortly before Hughton was sacked, there were reassurances over questions that Hughton's contract would be discussed at Christmas. It never happened, maybe as has been speculated, down to Hughton not agreeing to sell Carroll.

Might the reaction of even the most positive/gullible of supporters be enough to persuade the regime that enough is enough?

If so, let us wish Pardew every success in the lower leagues and that he will become one of the best managers outside the top two divisions and repeated success in his natural environment, lifting the Johnstone's Paint Trophy for years to come.

This can only go two ways.

A massive show of ambition by splashing out on quality players to quell the demo's or a Summer of reinforcing the barricades in readiness for the bedsheet brigade.

What demos TNMW ? Sorry this is not the 80's there will not be any demos when it goes tits up, the best people can muster is an occassional tut ans Ashley knows it. We the fans bottled it when we had him on the run he now knows he can do what the fuck he wants e.g. change the name of the ground and we will do fuck all.

We could always organise an apathetic NUFC supporters march.

We could even get a semi audible chant going:
What do we want
Not sure

When do we want it
Whenever

Bruce68 - 24/5/2013 22:13

What demos TNMW ? Sorry this is not the 80's there will not be any demos when it goes tits up, the best people can muster is an occassional tut ans Ashley knows it. We the fans bottled it when we had him on the run he now knows he can do what the fuck he wants e.g. change the name of the ground and we will do fuck all.

Sshhh..... don't say that.

We can at least bluff our way into pretending we'll kick off in order to worry the regime. :17:

Ashley and lamearse are still clinging to the idea of what moyes did at Everton (i.e one really good season, then a near miss with relegation, followed by 8/9 years challenging in the top 6/7). What they're forgetting is they're comparing a man who was approached by Sir alex ferguson to be his assistant in the late 90's (clearly ferguson new he had something about him) with a man who's CV reads like a train wreck. Their options are simple here. They can either sack him, or MAJORLY back him in the summer, otherwise next season will just be more of the same (probably will be anyway in fairness even if AShley does invest)

Ultimately though, Pardew was never in danger of the sack as well we all know it.

How can a bloke who doesn't make any decision whatsoever but be the face of the regime be accountable?

He's their dream manager and will continue to be so, unless Ashley decides we want to be ambitious after all, which will be a shock because there's been none in the 6 years he's been here.

Even this Summer should see a spend of £40 million minimum (a fact) and that's before sales, to break even, as the TV deal adds another £30 million to the bank balance.

The fact that we wont, will be a mix of 'we just can't spend stupid money' (we can) and 'we can't compete' (we can). Pardew is mouthing what the regime want him to say in order to cream the cash and allow Ashley to pay off his investment to himself on the QT, obviously on a percentage or cut.

IF the regime can get some other mug to do the same job but get more out of the players then it may happen. There's no-one and it wont.

As long as the stadium is sold out 95% of the time then Ashley doesn't care.

If we had a boycott of a big televised game it might make him think a little bit, but we all know that wont happen.

We are exactly where we need to be as far as Ashley is concerned. In the premier league, paying lower wages than everyone else, and the supporters still turning up.

This is it for NUFC now, this is all we have to look forward to.

OldLeazes - 26/5/2013 10:52

If we had a boycott of a big televised game it might make him think a little bit, but we all know that wont happen.

We are exactly where we need to be as far as Ashley is concerned. In the premier league, paying lower wages than everyone else, and the supporters still turning up.

Even with an empty stadium, the new influx of TV cash makes us nigh on irrelevant to owners who are here to cream the premier league cash.

All in, we create something like £50-60 million for the club. The Prize money/TV cash blows that out the water.

They have no interest in challenging for a European position regularly. That costs money. If they really wanted to they would have spent last summer. They only spent when the shit had hit the fan and the squad had been Pardewed.

I reckon ashley would go for Europe if he thought CL qualification was acheivable, but he knows it won't come cheap and he won't get a quick return. TNMW is right though, with the new TV deal in place, ticket money is now pocket change. A single boycott of a big match might get his attention, but it won't change anything. For it to have an impact we'd have to be in the championship where ashley needs the gate money to avoid spending his own for a boycott to have any effect.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 26/5/2013 11:00

OldLeazes - 26/5/2013 10:52

Even with an empty stadium, the new influx of TV cash makes us nigh on irrelevant to owners who are here to cream the premier league cash.

All in, we create something like £50-60 million for the club. The Prize money/TV cash blows that out the water.

So a boycott would be a waste of time then.

Sky cameras beaming pictures of an empty stadium, full of advertising hoarding will obviously have no effect .

This is further proof that the 50,000 + are blameless for our current predicament :14:

The season ticket money, sponsorship and commercial income are the cream which Ashley is using to pay off his loans. The Sky money may pay most of the running costs of the club but is the other income that he really needs.