Ashley's Review | Vital Football

Ashley's Review

The Owl

Vital 1st Team Regular
A complete waste of time. Pardew told he must do better, well we all knew that.
We now have a summer of bullshit to look forward to:
How hard they are working behind the scenes
Linked with numerous players in and out
The local rags backing Pardew to the hilt
Players being trotted out for interviews
How well pre eason is going
How on fire the players are in training
How much better it is to have no Europe.

None of this will make the slightest difference because you have exactly the same people in charge as oversaw the malaise this season.
I will just ignore Pardews waffling and wait for the inevitable.
No ambition this club.

Im not gonna defend any decision that Ashley or anyone has made but the media story announcing this has no direct quotes, no proof of any meeting, nee nowt.

It's common knowledge that there was gonna be a review and we haven't a clue if or when it happens, what was in the review or if Pardew is indeed safe.

The consensus is that he would always be given a period at the start of the season to prove his worth because there was some circumstances that Pardew could argue were contributory to the bad start which snowballed combined with many other to create the mess of this time round.

He'll start on egg shells with us lot but a final chance with Ashley because there is no way he'll allow his 'investment' to be in danger this season. There's nee excuses this time, neewhere to hide either.

It's gonna be interesting but not necessarily how we think it will turn out.

vin1892 - 23/5/2013 08:38

And in the meantime we have another wasted season to look forward to.

Not necessarily. ..

Pardew complained of a lack of depth last Summer before backtracking. One can only think that the wrongs of last year will be righted this time round.

There's gonna be no in between tho as the boo boys have nailed their colours to the mast.

Surely Pardew will learn some tactics in these next few weeks, he has to or he's out for sure.

Do you not think he is to long in the tooth to learn new tactics? Do you honestly believe that HE thinks he has got things wrong? Look at his CV - there's a clue in there.

The idea he can have the start of next season kind of hints at ashley being unsure about pardew. I'd have thought we'd seen enough to have a good opinion of him by now, even the people who don't get football should see it clearly. I really don't buy a plan to allow him so many games to prove himself one bit.

Don't think it's a case of giving him a chance to prove himself. ...asey probably knoss he's shite. More a case of if we get an alright start thst asley will think It's safe to gamble there'll be three worse teams thsn us at the end.....another season survival..ambition sated. .....last thing ashley wantd is to have to do is bring an uppity manager in with a backboneand some ambition

thecorner - 23/5/2013 09:21

The idea he can have the start of next season kind of hints at ashley being unsure about pardew. I'd have thought we'd seen enough to have a good opinion of him by now, even the people who don't get football should see it clearly. I really don't buy a plan to allow him so many games to prove himself one bit.

I don't think any of us could TC but to be fair to Pardew, if he asked for funds last Summer and the regime said no, then you can kind of understand that they give him a chance to manage under his rules this time.

We may not like it but in a fucked up kind of way it could be successful. We've been around football long enough to expect the unexpected.

Personally I see a season full of pressure from the terraces at every bad decision but the hunger and desire should be there from the management, maybe we'll all be eating our words again next season.

He only needs to finish fourth bottom again. Wonder who will be sold to cover the arrival of the January mob?

A daft notion I know, but I wish we could have a bit of honesty coming out of the club.

The only way Ashley can give Pardew some time next season is with better players in the team and the squad than what we have at the moment. If he is not going to do that, he may as well get rid now but sure as hell it will be more of the same and yet another season will be wasted as others have said.

The biggest thing I see the club buying this summer is time - a cold stark message from poor season ticket sales is the only message fans can give the club in the close season.

If there are going to be changes, I would imagine we will hear something in the next 2 days.

This five year plan?

I've yet to see any real evidence of an organisation that knows what it's doing. I just see chaos,, lies, deceit, cluelessness and finger crossing whilst lurching from one disaster to another.

It's no coincidence we finished 16th. We have in place a manager, with a CV which basically smacks you in the face telling you he will wing the first season or so, then everything will go majorly wrong.

We are now at DEFCON 2, and Ashley and Llambias are refusing to listen. Instead, we'll buy players on the say of the chief scout, then they will be put into a team whether they are suitable or not, to be played out of position, watching balls fly over their heads, wondering what the fûck they are doing here.

It's a recipe for disaster, and letting that idiot continue on into next season smacks of either pig headedness or an ostrich-like burying of the head in the sand.

Would a top team do this? No, and there's a reason why.

For each and every one of us that know the score, there's another 3 or 4 who can't see it in the real world.

Ultimately though, the day the crowd turns at SJP will be the day that the shit hits home for messrs Ashley and Decka.