Ashley's Review | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ashley's Review

From what I see and hear Toony, that is a long way off happening. I think the crowd looks more likely to dwindle away than protest. if they cannot get angry and vent their feelings at successive 0-3 to Sunderland and 0-6 to Liverpool, I fail to see what will make them angry enough to protest.

taffontyne - 23/5/2013 10:28

From what I see and hear Toony, that is a long way off happening. I think the crowd looks more likely to dwindle away than protest. if they cannot get angry and vent their feelings at successive 0-3 to Sunderland and 0-6 to Liverpool, I fail to see what will make them angry enough to protest.

Apathy reigns supreme these days. It'll not be long before the crowd are waving sponge hands and singing to a tune after every goal is scored*

* By the opposition I expect.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 23/5/2013 09:41

thecorner - 23/5/2013 09:21

The idea he can have the start of next season kind of hints at ashley being unsure about pardew. I'd have thought we'd seen enough to have a good opinion of him by now, even the people who don't get football should see it clearly. I really don't buy a plan to allow him so many games to prove himself one bit.

I don't think any of us could TC but to be fair to Pardew, if he asked for funds last Summer and the regime said no, then you can kind of understand that they give him a chance to manage under his rules this time.

yet if he asked for more funds then why come out with telling the fans he was happy with his squad for the league and 3 cups? he is at fault for the transfer window as much as ashley.

Glad they got this sorted early so I know now not to take any interest whatsoever anything that's going on.

I find it totally reassuring that the people who 'get football' are 100% sure that getting rid of Pardew will be the answer to all our prayers

I wonder why that silly sausage Mike Ashley just doesn't do the right thing then

*wonders*

The E Wing - 23/5/2013 11:55

I find it totally reassuring that the people who 'get football' are 100% sure that getting rid of Pardew will be the answer to all our prayers

I wonder why that silly sausage Mike Ashley just doesn't do the right thing then

*wonders*
No, the answer is in who replaces him.

Can't remember anyone saying getting rid of Pardew would be the answer, but I'm sure your reassured self would have no problem getting some quotes.

We'll not got anywhere with him in charge of those players.They're way above the level of tactics he knows how to employ.
That leaves 2 options,either he suddenly adapts his tactics & formations to best utilise the players at his disposal or sells them & replaces them with a squad more adept to long ball direct style of play.

Which one is most likely to happen?

Little faith but if he does it now, maybe he can be swayed by the quality of applicant. If he waits I have no faith at all.

The E Wing - 23/5/2013 11:55

*wonders*

You still think pardew is the right man for the job don't you?

It's the style of football that I want to see improved I saw 19 games last year 18 of them were shite and 1 was good (Chelsea) and that was a performance with new virgin players before Pardew got his hands in them and turned them into a boring long ball team with no movement or even a plan b

Pardew out

Daily Mail seem to be confirming Pardew's job is safe now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329504/Alan-Pardew-safe-Newcastle-United.html

The bit I found most amusing was that the "Board" were disappointed we missed out again on trophies last season.

There'll be an awful lot of disappointed Newcastle fans going on holiday this summer. The injuries excuse not only attempts to deflect blame, it also gives the impression that when everyone is fit, this side - this squad - is good enough under Pardew to do much better. The status quo would be a serious mistake - probably even some players have come to realise this side is going nowhere. It will be interesting to see who agitates for a move away now.

You're right Taff the players won't want to play for the guy, they made that as obvious as they could last season (yet the penny still didn't drop for some). And all these pesky injuries, funny how when things aren't going well, the injuries mount up. (also a sign of players not arsed). Hopefully this spark an exodus, I can't bear to watch another season of Cabaye and Ben Arfa wasted so hopefully they wise up and leave

The part I can't stand is that pardew has already admitted he doesn't want to qualify for Europe so we go into next season trying to be shite ffs

taffontyne - 23/5/2013 12:21

Daily Mail seem to be confirming Pardew's job is safe now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329504/Alan-Pardew-safe-Newcastle-United.html

The bit I found most amusing was that the "Board" were disappointed we missed out again on trophies last season.

There'll be an awful lot of disappointed Newcastle fans going on holiday this summer. The injuries excuse not only attempts to deflect blame, it also gives the impression that when everyone is fit, this side - this squad - is good enough under Pardew to do much better. The status quo would be a serious mistake - probably even some players have come to realise this side is going nowhere. It will be interesting to see who agitates for a move away now.

They must have missed our strong assault on the FA and League cups.

He'll go back to 4-4-2 and buy a monster to sling up top. It's all he really understands. Mid table finish, job done.

taffontyne - 23/5/2013 13:48

Does that mean we're selling all the creative midfielders Steeks?

May as well, taff. He can't do anything with them except sling them on in the last 10 minutes and tell them to "create something" like he did with Marveaux against Stoke I think it was.