Around the Grounds | Page 55 | Vital Football

Around the Grounds

Missed this back in February when the Council put the delay at another 6-8 weeks (so mid/late April) and laid the blame at Ron Martin (now there is a surprise) who has revised his proposals for the Fossets Farm development - which is what always seemed most important to our Ron.

This is all about Ron holding everyone to ransom using Southend United to leverage the development project that will dig him out of the financial hole he is in.

The 'hidden' financial partner is interesting though. Who is bank-rolling Ron's current lack of liquid funds?

It makes you really appreciate the board and directors we have when you look at so many other clubs.

Just look at this upcoming Saturday. Fantastic stadium a large support but a club limping along on life support!

Cheltenham have six games to play in 18 days. Should be really knackered by the time they get to us (and probably relegated by then too).

Spare a thought for Truro City of NLS - they have 7 to play in 13 days because of home pitch postponements:
Mon 8: Torquay (H)
Wed 10: Eastbourne (H)
Thur 11: Yeovil (H)
Sat 13: Maidstone (H)
Tue 16: Dover (H)
Thur 18: Weymouth (H)
Sat 20: Dartford (a)

Must admit hadn’t realised it was the Checkatrade final today. Peterborough v Wycombe at a friendly kick off time of 4:30 🤷🏻‍♂️
Peterborough have sold an impressive 23,000 tickets, Wycombe 18,000

Joe Taylor was at the match yesterday supporting Peterborough, a bit strange given we could be playing them there or in the semis in 4 weeks.

Peterborough born and probably knows the majority of the team from his time there. Nothing strange there I'd suggest
Thought I saw his distinctive hair style in that video :grinning:

"so where were you when the Posh scored at Wembley?"
"Stood on my head trying to kick other Posh supporters in the face":rofl:

Peterborough born and probably knows the majority of the team from his time there. Nothing strange there I'd suggest
I also get the feeling he's a great lad who just loves football. He was at the Colchester game when we had a week off, as well.

Last edited: