Around the Grounds | Page 34 | Vital Football

Around the Grounds

Granted yes, however giving up this early over 24 hours before doesn't appear to show the same level of commitment at getting the game on as say we are for ours...

Having been within 15 minutes of Fleetwood's ground the season before last before it was called off when the pitch was clearly unplayable hours before, I have to say early postponements have to be the way forward

Maybe i'm missing something here. If it's unplayable now and it's only going to get colder, why delay in calling it off?

Having been within 15 minutes of Fleetwood's ground the season before last before it was called off when the pitch was clearly unplayable hours before, I have to say early postponements have to be the way forward
Not to mention this season being called off 5 minutes after scheduled kick-off.

Maybe i'm missing something here. If it's unplayable now and it's only going to get colder, why delay in calling it off?

You would expect that in League One these days that clubs would have suitable covers to protect against the recent temperatures.

Tactical so that the rearranged fixture would be post Jan and they'd have more signings, given it is a crucial match?

Just looking at various forecasts for Cheltenham, most are saying it wont be sub-zero overnight. About 4 degrees at 0800am, rising to 7 degrees by kick-off time. Seems a bit premature to me.

Just looking at various forecasts for Cheltenham, most are saying it wont be sub-zero overnight. About 4 degrees at 0800am, rising to 7 degrees by kick-off time. Seems a bit premature to me.
From Cheltenham's website:

'A Football League appointed match official conducted an 11AM pitch inspection at the *Completely-Suzuki Stadium this morning.

'After consultation with the Football League the decision has been made to postpone tomorrow's fixture.

'The frost covers have been on the pitch all week but temperatures for the past two nights have fallen so low that a considerable amount of frost has got into the pitch.

'On balance it was felt that temperatures are not forecast to rise high enough to remove the frost before kick-off so the decision has been taken to postpone the match.

'The timing of the decision has also taken into account the considerable journey faced by opponents Carlisle and a desire to inconvenience them as little as possible.'

*Whatever became of Jonny-Rocks?

The EFL said: "The league continues to recognise the ongoing challenges for the club"
The EFL didn't cause this problem, Reading FC themselves brought on all their problems. EFL need to make an example of them not placate them.
Starting to get the kid gloves treatment that Bolton benefitted from. It stinks.

When you are on a hiding to nothing, get your excuses in early. Nothing like blaming everyone else first to get them all on your side and rally round together.
And if you are finding it difficult to get results, you can always threaten an official, get a four match ban and fall out with the owner.

To do all that in such a short period of time, does show a Premiership level of commitment though.

And if you are finding it difficult to get results, you can always threaten an official, get a four match ban and fall out with the owner.

To do all that in such a short period of time, does show a Premiership level of commitment though.
To be fair to his comments about the players most of their fans and the person he was conducting the interview agreed with him. I suspect the new manager will be even more brutal