Anyone for Cricket | Vital Football

Anyone for Cricket

Breckland

Vital Reserves Team
We all had some trying times watching the Gills last season - errors, tactical blunders, missed chances, daft bookings, but there was never a time when I looked at the guys and thought , they are complete no-hopers. In many games were edged out rather than getting stuffed.

Being a cricket fan at the moment, of both Kent and England, makes watching GFC seem quite enjoyable by comparison.

We are, by some way, the most fragile batting outfit in World cricket and the lack of application, the bizarre shot selection and the insistence on selecting people out of position ( Pope at 3 !!!!!!) defies reason. Both team selection and shot selection appear almost random. Kent has two openers in contention for an England slot. Crawley ( not in great form) and Compton ( who has 5 centuries, one scored against the NZ representative side). So we pick Crawley. Bairstow and Foakes are both (allegedly) WK./batsmen , so we pick both , instead of getting Harry Brook into the side.

I'll be surprised if we make 150 in the current innings. It's just not cricket.

I agree fully but also think McCullum and Stokes will lick them in to shape and chuck out the wasters, given time. We also continue to be very good at the one day stuff, which is easy to forget when watching tests.

As for Kent, the bowling seems to be lamentable this season, particularly in the County Championship. We just can not take wickets and have only 7 bowling bonus points from 6 games. Matt Henry is joining later in the season but he can not do it on his own.

Don't agree on the Compton issue though. He is in hot form but he was released by Notts and had very modest stats before joining Kent. It really would be a rapid ascent if he was picked for a Test so early, particularly as test bowlers spot technique weaknesses very quickly.

I may have been a bit hasty in ignoring this thread. The 3/1 on offer for a NZ win looks too long to me.

It’s great fun, especially for the kids. I’m thinking about taking our niece to a match over the summer. It’s just about the only sport she likes/tolerates.

Haven’t watched a second of it and never will. An anti-county disgrace of a tournament which has meant there’s now little meaningful cricket for anyone who doesn’t live in a big city to take their kids too in the summer holidays.

Well Lancs, if you are looking for something that unites disparate groups you've done magnificently here. ST and I are in 100% agreement.

Worse competition than that attempt at a Euro football league or whatever it was that got people outraged.

Doing well today, certainly wasn’t expecting it.

Damn, Stokes caught as I was typing, I should know better…