Anyone for Cricket | Page 3 | Vital Football

Anyone for Cricket

England did in 2006 Ashes after Colly scored 200!

I remember that one.

We got 500 odd. Australia replied with 500+ and I think there was only one day left. Should have petered put into a draw on a road of a wicket.

We then crumbled to Warnie and the pressure to be all out below 200 and Aussies smashed their way to a win in quick time.

Kent require 16 to win with nine wickets in hand Compton and Bell Drummond are currently batting.

Just wondering having just got up bit dehydrated.
Saw the clip of Nicholls wicket.Was he the non striker or did the non striker get him out?

I love little rules quirks like that, seems unfair but it is what it is. Stops things getting sterile and presumably earns utter confusion from non-cricket fans.

I love little rules quirks like that, seems unfair but it is what it is. Stops things getting sterile and presumably earns utter confusion from non-cricket fans.
There was one in the IPL where the batman chopped the ball back, it hit Quinton de Kock's foot at wicket keeper, bounced up and was caught at slip. It was out, as the ball didn't touch the ground.

The unluckiest ones are the run outs when the ball is driven forward, hits the bowler then the stumps, "running out" the batsman at the other end that is out of his crease.

As frustrating as it can be to see him nick-off after scoring 13 from 7 balls, Johnny Bairstow is just hard to not love!