Anyone for Cricket | Page 2 | Vital Football

Anyone for Cricket

The scores suggest that Trent Bridge, like most pitches this year, must be a bit of a flat road.

Not mentioned much, but how many bowlers are we missing? - Archer, Wood, Robinson, Woakes and Sam Curran, at least.

I have been watching and enjoying village green cricket this year .I was hoping to see a local footballer who might interest the Gills. But their is actually a better chance of seeing a county grade cricketer that might interest Kent.Some really competitive games.

Talking of cricket is it easier to:

Hit the ball before or after it bounces?

I was watching the highlights and the balls that bounced just before the wicket (yorkers?) were the most effective.

Talking of cricket is it easier to:

Hit the ball before or after it bounces?

I was watching the highlights and the balls that bounced just before the wicket (yorkers?) were the most effective.
Yorkers are very effective but if you get the length slightly off it'll be a full toss (no bounce) that is easy to hit. Likewise, a little short of a Yorker it'll be in 'the slot' which also makes it easier for the batsman.

The scores suggest that Trent Bridge, like most pitches this year, must be a bit of a flat road.

Not mentioned much, but how many bowlers are we missing? - Archer, Wood, Robinson, Woakes and Sam Curran, at least.

Archer was bowled into the ground, hopefully he will recover

Kent have batted well today too, 564 all out, a lead of 126. 10 overs or so at Gloucs tonight to try to get a few quick wickets

Brought back memories of Ian Botham playing similar innings,remember his amazing partnership with Graham Dilley,not for any youngsters that one though