👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread

It’s just you. You’re biased already.
80 you've miscued again! It aint just Mutt, I've been saying it from the-off and many others are now seeing the flaws. Ach has never developed, in years maybe but not in a football sense. I'll add, if Danny hadn't employed that clown Munn then Ach would never have been heard of!

80 you've miscued again! It aint just Mutt, I've been saying it from the-off and many others are now seeing the flaws. Ach has never developed, in years maybe but not in a football sense. I'll add, if Danny hadn't employed that clown Munn then Ach would never have been heard of!

I don't think I have miscued at all. Munn didn't get fired from City, he left and they were not happy. He was on an upward trend with them but had too many people ahead of him that were going to be around for a while. City fought it to the degree that they could.

We were turned down by many managers and Ange has said himself that he wasn't at the top of the list. Munn may have saved us from embarrassment by hiring AP because there wasn't anyone else. Where does that leave us? You, obviously, have some insights from Australia that we don't.

This guy took the job when few would.

You commented recently that Munn will protect Postecoglou. I hope he does. He needs time to prove or disprove himself. This less than one season panic mode doesn't fly with me. I don't know if Ange will make it, I sincerely hope he does, but writing him off at this point doesn't make any sense, to me anyway.

I come back to Arteta, his first management job, a board that backed him and stuck with him over time even when the supporters were screaming for him to be lynched. And now......

I am not sying Ange is Arteta, but he has proven himself at every other level.

I don't think I have miscued at all. Munn didn't get fired from City, he left and they were not happy. He was on an upward trend with them but had too many people ahead of him that were going to be around for a while. City fought it to the degree that they could.

We were turned down by many managers and Ange has said himself that he wasn't at the top of the list. Munn may have saved us from embarrassment by hiring AP because there wasn't anyone else. Where does that leave us? You, obviously, have some insights from Australia that we don't.

This guy took the job when few would.

You commented recently that Munn will protect Postecoglou. I hope he does. He needs time to prove or disprove himself. This less than one season panic mode doesn't fly with me. I don't know if Ange will make it, I sincerely hope he does, but writing him off at this point doesn't make any sense, to me anyway.

I come back to Arteta, his first management job, a board that backed him and stuck with him over time even when the supporters were screaming for him to be lynched. And now......

I am not sying Ange is Arteta, but he has proven himself at every other level.
80, me 'ol cobber, I can't fault anything u say. But "proven himself at every other level" yes, but my view is that he won't at this level. Hang in there cobber....

Look, the man has given us a better season that many of us were expecting but he has not convinced us that his methods will produce consistent performances capable of winning trophies. But he has earned the right to have another crack with some squad turnover to come. However, we can't ignore the facts that he screwed up both our Carabou Cup chance and potential CL qualification from a good position. This limits the time he has got now to demonstrate that the direction is compelling. I'd give him no more that 10 games of the new season to do that.

To my mind all he has proven so far is that he is a top 6/7 manager in this league.
I havnt seen any massive improvements in anything that we do on the pitch over his tenure.
Off the pitch they all seem a bit too comfortable and it's like a boys club.
We were woeful in the cups. Woeful.
Him and Munn have gutted the squad and has been given his chosen replacements by Daniel - so he can have no excuses there.
I'm not bothered about his previous achievements in Scotchland. My daughters rabbits could manage Celtic and Outback Rovers and Nippon FC aren't even worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things.
Eric Dier did an interview about his managers and the previous incumbents seem to be more focused on the details than Ange. Reading between the lines.
He needs next season. He talks an excellent game at times. But I remain far from convinced that he'll bring success on the pitch. I'll be thrilled to be proven wrong by him and his players.

To my mind all he has proven so far is that he is a top 6/7 manager in this league.
I havnt seen any massive improvements in anything that we do on the pitch over his tenure.
Him and Munn have gutted the squad and has been given his chosen replacements by Daniel - so he can have no excuses there.
I'm not bothered about his previous achievements in Scotchland. My daughters rabbits could manage Celtic and Outback Rovers and Nippon FC aren't even worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things.
Eric Dier did an interview about his managers and the previous incumbents seem to be more focused on the details than Ange. Reading between the lines.
He needs next season. He talks an excellent game at times. But I remain far from convinced that he'll bring success on the pitch. I'll be thrilled to be proven wrong by him and his players.
Outback Rovers??, Your talking about the mighty Melbourne City with whom he won the A-league! Ooopss, there I go again....,

I struggled to see the positives of Ange after yesterday's game, and I am still in the same frame of mind today. My faith and belief in his unbending approach is being sorely tested.

I am utterly perplexed as to why Davies and Hoj started, and given the need to drop Sarr, why oh why didn't we start Dragu and push Romero into the middle? We need a tactical evolution yesterday and got absolutely no innovation at all. Of course, Dragu could be useless but from what I've seen he'd be a better set piece defender that half our team.

Our tactics gifted them a 3-0 lead. I'm gutted, utterly gutted by our lack of leadership in the defence when it matters, or worse still our lack of preparation to protect our poor lame Keeper - every single team in the league now know how to deal with him to give themselves a goal scoring opportunity.

It's great calling for everyone to get Romero's aggression, but where was it, and where was his leadership when it mattered? Why do we have to be battered before we see a response?

Ange is right, our problems go beyond set pieces stupidity, - hence we are picking Hoj who is going in the summer as a first choice starter. I can only pray that we get Gallagher or someone better.

If Ange won't can't see what's wrong with our set piece defending, get someone in who can and will do something about it - it is literally like watching a Sunday pub football. We are so disorganised, I can't help but ask WTF is he doing with them on the training ground? We just look clueless and a mess.

Ange talks a great talk, but unless he evolves tactically - (which almost universally we can all see the need for) - the Ange project is going to come to a grinding, painful halt.

And if that happens, we'll risk going backwards again.

I'll keep arguing that we need to back him and keep the faith, but today after being bombarded with le arse fan shite, it's harder than ever.

Prepare yourself, I can easily see us only picking up 2 pts between now and the end of the season - at best.

Last edited:
Every club video I've seen with Ange on the training ground has him standing silently hands in pockets just as he does on the touchline on game days.

Can I join the "Angie Out" club? I will answer my owen question! FO! I don't want to, am wiv 80 and a couple of others as in give the dude/geezer a bloody chance!

Yes he is/has making/made mistakes, yes he is paid big Bucks, but lets try also looking at the "nobody can touch me" players, they are as much to blame for our demise at the mo, they get paid the big Bucks also, then again we are doing better than was proficised (spelling lol!) at the very beginning of this season.

So as far as I am concerned it's NEXT!

Can I join the "Angie Out" club? I will answer my owen question! FO! I don't want to, am wiv 80 and a couple of others as in give the dude/geezer a bloody chance!

Yes he is/has making/made mistakes, yes he is paid big Bucks, but lets try also looking at the "nobody can touch me" players, they are as much to blame for our demise at the mo, they get paid the big Bucks also, then again we are doing better than was proficised (spelling lol!) at the very beginning of this season.

So as far as I am concerned it's NEXT!
To be clear Pomp, I'm not interested in replacing him, but unless he shows some smarts and flexibility he'll force a change most don't want to see. It's not within the bounds of possibilities that we could lose all remaining games, given how he's setting us up.

Who are these "nobody can touch me" players you're pointing at, or are you doing a Conte!!? :shake: ;)

To be clear Pomp, I'm not interested in replacing him, but unless he shows some smarts and flexibility he'll force a change most don't want to see. It's not within the bounds of possibilities that we could lose all remaining games, given how he's setting us up.

Who are these "nobody can touch me" players you're point at, or are you doing a Conte!!? :shake: ;)
Haha am not doing a Cunte, but all of the so called 1st choice, ok maybe not one or 2, are my "nobody can touch me" players, some of the blame has to go to the players.

We all want to own our Spurs shirts cos we love our team, it would be nice to see ALL of the players wanting to own the shirt when on the pitch, think a nipper said the same to a Chav player last week.

I might be talking Shite but that is the way I see it.

Ange Postecoglou: “Today we let the fans down.”

Not the first time this season; so all I want to know, is wtf are you going to do about it to stop this happening again?

How about ending this stupid catastrophic zonal marketing at corners, which allows the opposition to run at us whilst we stand dumbstruck not knowing what to do?

Get Vicario to grow a pair and fight back and get nasty when stepped on/pushed etc or even throw himself to the ground if that's all he can do - but anything that gets the ref to sit up and do something.

Get Romero or VDV to show some fcuking leadership and protection to their Pussy keeper!!!

I thought I'd calm down, but we gifted them 3 goals again today, and I'm still furious about it.

So Ange WTF you gonna do?

Why did you pick that deadweight Davies?

Or can we look forward to hearing the same apologies after the chav and bin dipper games?

And finally WTF does our set-piece trainer actually do?

I am actually going to have to take a break from here until I can get my BP under control.

I want fighting talk, stirring talk, inspirational talk, not fcuking apologies again!!

Well said all EX!! A few of us have been saying much of this for a long time.

I can certainly understand people who think Ange doesn't have what it takes to make it in the PL.

But we needed an up-and-comer. Someone who wanted their shot and had the balls to take it.

I say we give him his shot with full support, the media have turned on him. A lot of fans (I have heard some interviews on Talksport that made me cringe) have turned on him.

But he is our manager for now. He is facing a serious amount of adversity until we finish the season. Let's give him support and a real opportunity to succeed.

I can certainly understand people who think Ange doesn't have what it takes to make it in the PL.

But we needed an up-and-comer. Someone who wanted their shot and had the balls to take it.

I say we give him his shot with full support, the media have turned on him. A lot of fans (I have heard some interviews on Talksport that made me cringe) have turned on him.

But he is our manager for now. He is facing a serious amount of adversity until we finish the season. Let's give him support and a real opportunity to succeed.
We have no choice but to believe he knows what he's doing, but that becomes so hard to do after watching us give away a 3 goal start...

Let's hope come the summer he gets the players we all crave and we can stop gifting games away like this.

We have no choice but to believe he knows what he's doing, but that becomes so hard to do after watching us give away a 3 goal start...

Let's hope come the summer he gets the players we all crave and we can stop gifting games away like this.

It's not just players. He needs to upgrade the coaching staff we have. I thought there would have been more coaches hired by now.