Amazon Rocket | Page 2 | Vital Football

Amazon Rocket

I just don't see how this wet dream moves anything forward Deano. I far prefer Bezos to Musk in reality as a person but as said above, at least Musk's self landers are progress.

Why must his only purpose in life be to move things forward?

Whjat's wrong with a man who has worked hard to earn Billions just enjoying his money?

I like Amazon, I use them a hell of a lot, so I can't be criticising the person who built it. I'd love all rich folk to give more, treat staff better and be all round wowzer human beings. Not all will, sadly, even though they are missing a trick - it feels good to be good.

Tis life innit.

I do have to wonder how much influence the top man at a trillion dollar company has over the treatment of delivery drivers.

OK I guess ultimately the buck stops with him and maybe he needs to recruit better management but holding him personally accountable for 1.5million employees seems a bit of a stretch.

It's all about delegation at that level.

Have not read back through all the post so sorry if I am repeating this. One of the places on the rocket was auctioned off and went for $28 million. Which he donated to several charities. Now I know he is the worlds richest man and did not need the money but he could have said it would offset some of the development costs. Also none of us know just how much he does give away. I am not trying to defend him but we just dont know.

I do have to wonder how much influence the top man at a trillion dollar company has over the treatment of delivery drivers.

OK I guess ultimately the buck stops with him and maybe he needs to recruit better management but holding him personally accountable for 1.5million employees seems a bit of a stretch.

It's all about delegation at that level.

But he can't have missed all the stories about it. In America it was headline news.

Heard a couple of podcasts making the claim this is how all those dystopian movies about off-world colonies start.

Our planet is dying so billionaires find a way to get off our planet and have a new life. Away from all the destruction and suffering on our home planet which is scheduled for death.

Heard a couple of podcasts making the claim this is how all those dystopian movies about off-world colonies start.

Our planet is dying so billionaires find a way to get off our planet and have a new life. Away from all the destruction and suffering on our home planet which is scheduled for death.

Like that movie Elysium, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way it goes eventually.

Why do people hate successful people so much?

I don't think people generally hate successful people. Billionaires who don't pay any tax and then spunk their money on stupid ego projects rightly get the derision they deserve. Bezos has spent $5.5bn on Blue Origin. At a time when a lot of people around the world are struggling because of the pandemic, he looks like a dickhead zipping off into space for 10 minutes. Throw in a cowboy hat and a penis shaped rocket and you are just asking for it.

Bill Gates is also a billionaire but he spends his time and his brain power trying to make the world a better place. Elon Musk is a bit of a dickhead for all of his Twitter shenanigans but he's trying to make a difference to climate change with his work at Tesla. People rightly expect more from these guys than just farting about in stupidly expensive toys.

For the record, Bezos could have built 18,000 homes with that money. He could have built 275 schools or 55 hospitals. Instead, he went into space for 10 minutes.

I don't think people generally hate successful people. Billionaires who don't pay any tax and then spunk their money on stupid ego projects rightly get the derision they deserve. Bezos has spent $5.5bn on Blue Origin. At a time when a lot of people around the world are struggling because of the pandemic, he looks like a dickhead zipping off into space for 10 minutes. Throw in a cowboy hat and a penis shaped rocket and you are just asking for it.

Bill Gates is also a billionaire but he spends his time and his brain power trying to make the world a better place. Elon Musk is a bit of a dickhead for all of his Twitter shenanigans but he's trying to make a difference to climate change with his work at Tesla. People rightly expect more from these guys than just farting about in stupidly expensive toys.

For the record, Bezos could have built 18,000 homes with that money. He could have built 275 schools or 55 hospitals. Instead, he went into space for 10 minutes.

You probably could have built a home for a homeless person with the money you've frittered away on frivolous things too. You selfish twat. :tongue:

How many homes could Nas and Wes build instead of dicking about with a football club?
Yep, Wes now owns Morrisons and I use Amazon to shop at Morrisons. It keeps the person picking my Grocery and a delivery driver in a job.
I'm with you I just don't get why we hate all billionaires unless they own Aston Villa

I just find the concept of telling anyone how to spend their own money a bit distasteful. They've earnt it, they can spend it how they want.

I'm pretty sure Bezos gives more to charity than most of us as a percentage of his overall wealth, but the thought that he has to give it ALL away to gain any kind of respect is just daft to me.

As for the timing, and Covid, this rocket wasn't just thrown together in a few months, its been 2 decades of work and development. Do all projects need to be pulled during Covid and the money dispersed to help the needy? I'm currently watching the Olympics.... :unsure:

I just find the concept of telling anyone how to spend their own money a bit distasteful. They've earnt it, they can spend it how they want.

Oh God, this argument again. Mate, all we were saying is we'd all bought a round and it was now your turn. :clown1:

Ha, I agree with you, up to them really what they spend their time and money on, as long as they are fair to employees first (unlike the likes of Mike Ashley)

You probably could have built a home for a homeless person with the money you've frittered away on frivolous things too. You selfish twat. :tongue:

You are right. It's his money and he can do what he wants with it.

$5.5bn for 10 minutes in space during a pandemic just seems like a dick move to me. The fact that he did it in a penis shaped rocket while wearing a cowboy hat is hilarious.