Aliens (n/G) | Page 6 | Vital Football

Aliens (n/G)

F
When she makes as many funny gaffes, I might just do that. Thanks
Fair enough. Abbott did one classic iirc. Truss already equalised.

Actually, given her likely position soon, what she says and does isn't funny at all, so it looks like you won't have anything to do.
:-)

(Btw, I'm no fan of Abbott).

I forgot the simple math-

Rotation in 24h=24,000K/mi
SUN orbit 67Kx24= 1.6 million/mi
Galaxy orb 500Kx24= 12M/mi
Galaxy moving 1.3Mx24 =31.2M/mi
24K+1.6M+12M+31.2M= 44,832,000 million miles away in 24 hours / traveled every 24 hours.

24K+1.6M+12M+31.2M= 44,832,000 million miles away in 24 hours / traveled every 24 hours.
Those long winter nights must just fly by in your house 😉

Really. Iirc it
If you think the number of gaffes is just one then clearly your skill with numbers and counting is as bad as Diane's
Really. Iirc her vilification was based on when she "corpsed" in an interview. Don't recall a stream of other numerical gaffes by her.

I don't even like the woman but the likes of Truss and Dorries repeatedly make ridiculous claims and statements and seem to avoid the universal piss takes.

Truss thinking the Baltic States bordered the Black Sea on her way to a meeting with the Russian Foreign minister ffs.

Dorries wants to privatise C4 'cos it's funded by the taxpayer!!! Nooooo.

Cretins.

Now a plan to save £8.8bn out of a budget of £9bn on the Civil Service, junked in less than 24 hours and new lackey Lewis claims it wasn't said when it was. Called out as "levelling down" by Tories with a brain.

Aren't you concerned at this level of incompetence?

Social media and the press would be in melt down if Labour/Lib Dem politicians were this stupid.

Just because the universe is very very big does not mean it is teeming with life. What are the odds of life being formed? The odds might be so remote, so unlikely that we're almost unique.

Also, it all depends how you define life. We only have a very small field of study. We think that life is carbon based. Ot may be there are metallic substances living elsewhere, or even life forms with no physical structure at all.

Also where are we evolutionary wise. Life is very new here. Some planets may have hundreds of milions of years head start. We may be so primitive there is nothing to see here that's worth their while.

Old post I know, but point of note.

Life on earth started just about as soon as it was physically possible. Earth is approx 4.6 billion years old. Primitive microbial life it is believed started within a few million years after that. Probably in underwater volcanic vents.

It’s just that it took billions of years to evolve into more sophisticated multi-celled life and to all the range of life forms around today.

It’s also the case that life exists everywhere on earth that liquid water is found. Hard to believe that if any other place in the universe has liquid water, that microbial life won’t eventually start. Also hard to believe that liquid water doesn’t exist anywhere else in the universe. We already know that it exists as ice on numerous planets and moons in our own solar system. And liquid water is strongly suspected to currently exist (or previously existed) on multiple planets/moons as well.

My own opinion is that microscopic life will be found to be very abundant throughout the universe. But more complicated life very, very rare. “Intelligent” life capable of pondering aliens and reaching out to them, far rarer still.

Intelligent life supporting Gills? Unique. Maybe non-existent 😉

(can remove the n/g from title now).

Old post I know, but point of note.

Life on earth started just about as soon as it was physically possible. Earth is approx 4.6 billion years old. Primitive microbial life it is believed started within a few million years after that. Probably in underwater volcanic vents.

It’s just that it took billions of years to evolve into more sophisticated multi-celled life and to all the range of life forms around today.

It’s also the case that life exists everywhere on earth that liquid water is found. Hard to believe that if any other place in the universe has liquid water, that microbial life won’t eventually start. Also hard to believe that liquid water doesn’t exist anywhere else in the universe. We already know that it exists as ice on numerous planets and moons in our own solar system. And liquid water is strongly suspected to currently exist (or previously existed) on multiple planets/moons as well.

My own opinion is that microscopic life will be found to be very abundant throughout the universe. But more complicated life very, very rare. “Intelligent” life capable of pondering aliens and reaching out to them, far rarer still.

Intelligent life supporting Gills? Unique. Maybe non-existent 😉

(can remove the n/g from title now).

The James Webb Telescope has already photographed planets with water, including one that is completely covered in water. It's also detected plant life and trees on some planets, as well as pollution on one planet. On a planet 2.7 billion light years from us, they found what seems to be an aircraft, with a Scally Out banner flying from its tail...

Simple, most 4 year olds should cope with that.

Try calculating the relativistic speed of an electron in the magnetic field generated by the spin of a supermassive black hole of a given mass at the centre of an active galaxy.

Note: I got 25% for the coursework that this question was included in.

Just taken a Kwells - though, tbh, your facts are up in the sky until confirmed by that Simon Calder fellow....

The James Webb Telescope has already photographed planets with water, including one that is completely covered in water. It's also detected plant life and trees on some planets, as well as pollution on one planet. On a planet 2.7 billion light years from us, they found what seems to be an aircraft, with a Scally Out banner flying from its tail...
There’s another planet where human footprints have been found, but along each side of these footprints are a set of 4 shallow linear depressions that continue without breakage. At the end of these trails, you can clearly see Millwall scarves.

Last edited:
Simple, most 4 year olds should cope with that.

Try calculating the relativistic speed of an electron in the magnetic field generated by the spin of a supermassive black hole of a given mass at the centre of an active galaxy.

Note: I got 25% for the coursework that this question was included in.

It's so much easier to use Google!

Bump

Life elsewhere in the universe?:

Extra-terrestrial corpses on earth?:

Did the makers of ET have inside info then?