Alcohol Free Beer | Page 2 | Vital Football

Alcohol Free Beer

It's people like you mate that keeps pubs going. Far more profit in coffee and soft drinks than beer. When I was running my area the average GP for beer was 40% but coffee and soft drinks was 85%.
I am not surprised at that figure, I suppose the difference is I probably only have two soft drinks, whereas I would have usually had four or five pints of wallop.
You do the maths.

Absolutely pointless.

The only reason I convinced myself I like the taste of beer is because it gets you drunk.

Like BB, I also like the taste of Guinness, but if there's no alcohol in it, how many would I drink? I can't imagine I'd drink more than one pint to be honest.

Probably only reason I’d go for it is if I was in a pub & didn’t want to get drunk but no one would realise you weren’t drinking. I am usually a light drinker so I do get a bit tired with the “I can drink more than you” bollocks

I’ve had alcohol free beers when driving, more to avoid sticking litres of fizzy drink between the old teeth. They don’t taste bad, plus you always get one who says “go on, just have another one” if you do have a drink.

Good idea to me, there’s a market for it even if it’s small, but it will grow especially if the law changes so you cannot have any alcohol in you before driving.

Last edited:
It might be a fun game to play if you have a group of mates who all drink Guinness. Buy one pint of Guinness 0.0 and the rest normal Guinness and see who gets spiked with 0.0. It's a bit like the beer hunter but less messy.

It might be a fun game to play if you have a group of mates who all drink Guinness. Buy one pint of Guinness 0.0 and the rest normal Guinness and see who gets spiked with 0.0. It's a bit like the beer hunter but less messy.

Didn’t that happen in 1982 in Rotterdam?

They ruined Ansells Mild when they closed the Aston brewery and moved production to Burton On Trent.
As a kid we lived in Witton and when the wind was in the right direction, usually on a Friday, the smell from there and the old Atkinson brewery was absolute heaven.
The downside was the HP sauce factory, where the smell was aweful, really acidic.

As a kid we lived in Witton and when the wind was in the right direction, usually on a Friday, the smell from there and the old Atkinson brewery was absolute heaven.
The downside was the HP sauce factory, where the smell was aweful, really acidic.

When I lived in Hagley we'd get the smell of the sugar beat factory in Kidderminster 6 miles away when the wind blew our way.. Ironically it's not there now and my son has bought a house on the old site

If you had told me years ago that I could happily sit in a pub and not drink alcohol
I would have thought you raving mad.
I have surprised myself that I now go in a pub on match days or when friends come to see us and dont even think of having anything other than a soft drink or a coffee.

You know you will he sober in the morning and their head will be mush too 😀

I would said the same as you once too

When I lived in Hagley we'd get the smell of the sugar beat factory in Kidderminster 6 miles away when the wind blew our way.. Ironically it's not there now and my son has bought a house on the old site

I used to live just down the road from it in Stourport.