Alcohol Free Beer | Page 3 | Vital Football

Alcohol Free Beer

One drink that I did have - I've only just remembered - was alcohol-free fruit cider. Basically just a nice fruit drink.

I’ve been drinking 52% Slovakian spirits tonight along with an Aussie Malbec (who’d have thought) . And both went down a treat... :surrender:

Not for me Jeff.

I'm not fussed at all. If I can't drink alcohol it will be a coke zero. Just totally not bothered about the taste enough to need it.

When I lived in Hagley we'd get the smell of the sugar beat factory in Kidderminster 6 miles away when the wind blew our way.. Ironically it's not there now and my son has bought a house on the old site
I was up around the general Hagley area last year for the first time in donkeys years and was dissapointed to see the Stewponey was now flats.
When did that happen?

I'm thinking of drinking some of the beer I've had in the fridge since last Christmas. Either that or going to bed.

I've been joking that Arthur Guinness would be turning in his grave but I do understand the point of it all.

I went through a period of not drinking because it would drive my anxiety up the walls. I found it really hard to go to a bar and not drink which was partly me being self-conscious. The only thing I found was that either (a) I'd have to get one G&T and nurse it or (b) drink seltzer water. Nowhere ever had non-alcoholic stuff and I felt if they did I could have joined in and felt more comfortable.

Anyway thankfully all that is behind me, I love my Guinness and this is probably a good move from them. If you're drinking and you have a friend group like mine you can really feel left out if you're not on the Guinness buzz.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they scraped this in 6-12 months because in fairness I am not sure about demand.

I loved Stourport and wish I still lived there.

I spent part of my childhood living in Stourport. Not happy memories for me which will shape my feelings towards there. Childhood was not happy.

Last time I was back there was in August 2011 as part of a pilgrimage weekend around Birmingham and then out to my late father grave.

Stuff needed to be said and closure done. Done and won't ever go back now

I can kinda see why its popular with people with no difficult attachments to the place

I do remember it but never went to it. It was still there until the site got redeveloped.

https://www.lostlidos.co.uk/2002/05/01/stourton-stewponey-lido-1938/

The axe fell on the lido site in the late sixties. It was empty and disused for 30 years or so in the early 2000s when the pool was filled in and the outer aspects demolished to make way for a new housing estate. After the Stewponey closed, families moved further up the A449 to the Kingfisher Lido.1 May 2002
Yes mate, just found this.
Ah didnt see your link, its much the same.