Alcohol Free Beer | Vital Football

Alcohol Free Beer

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
Unlike free beer, alcohol free beer has never got much love on the streets but Guinness think that's about to change with Guinness 0.0.

Personally, I don't see the point. There are plenty of other beverages without alcohol if you don't want to get drunk.

Do you drink alcohol free beer? Are you excited about Guinness 0.0 or is it another Guinness product that is destined to fail?

We used to have one in the Midlands called Springfield Bitter.

Actually, there used to be a joke about it......

What has Springfield Bitter and making love in a punt got in common?

They're both fucking next to water.

Never tasted a nice one I don't think. I sort of get it, if you are driving and everyone else is drinking, to at least want the taste, but nah, not really something I'd be buying, plenty of other drinks aren't there!

Funny that. I have just ordered a box for my next home delivery. £15 for 8 bottles of Becks. Thought I would give it a try and if its rubbish I will probably wish I had spent it watching the Villa.

I don't mind the taste of beer and I quite like a pint of Guinness but I wouldn't bother if there was no alcohol in it, making me question how much I like the taste of Guinness after all.

Packed up the booze 10-12 years back and cant see the point of something that tastes like beer but isnt.
Plenty off drinks in a pub that will taste better than alcohol free ale.

Completely pointless.

There a definitely times when you want the taste of a beer without wanting to get drunk. I have certain triggers.... watching football, eating curry, having a BBQ, where I just want a beer, but there are other options rather than alcohol free.

Bud Light is only 3.5% so you can have a couple of bottles for the taste but not be over the limit, or get drunk. It's also low on calories so ideal for when on a diet.

There are other beers too that are around 2.5-3.5%, lots of choice in that range, and I'd definitely choose those if wanting the taste but not wanting to get drunk, over alcohol free which tastes awful anyway.

I'm assuming they have sussed their is a market for it or are they just making it for a trial. If I go out I'm always driving so it should appeal to me but it doesn't, you pay through the nose to drink beer and Alcohol. This is pop and you can't charge £5 a pinto for pop
Personally, I'd rather have Vimto.

My Dad worked for M & B so got a beer allowance. He loved his Mild. I tried it once and was nearly sick.

That's the only time I have tasted beer ever.

My Dad worked for M & B so got a beer allowance. He loved his Mild. I tried it once and was nearly sick.

I can't help but think you've missed out.

No good/funny story ever started "I'd just had 3 pints of pop...."

TBH I don't think anyone has ever tasted beer for the first time and thought wow this is nice. M and B Mild that was some pretty rough stuff. Banks' on the other hand was very good, It is, however, all an acquired taste.

TBH I don't think anyone has ever tasted beer for the first time and thought wow this is nice. M and B Mild that was some pretty rough stuff. Banks' on the other hand was very good, It is, however, all an acquired taste.
Remember going fishing up Bridgnorth way years ago and asking the gaffer in the local for a pint of mild.
When he pulled it I said,"no, I asked for mild , not bitter"
He replied that I was obviously used to drinking M&Bs rubbish.
Couldnt believe the light colour of it, but a much superior drink.

UK beer is horrible tasting due to the chemicals we put in it. If I buy bottles of beer I always look for those brewed abroad. A lot of UK beers contain zinc to help head retention as our water quality is so poor.

Anyway what's the difference between Carling and a muff dive .................. a muff dive only tastes of piss for 5 seconds.

I'll get me coat.

Totally pointless! I don't drink any non alcoholic free drink and it's not advocated in A.A. Simply because of the psychological side

I drank for the affect anyway and not the taste. Just as many lovely non alcoholic soft drinks around if not IMO nicer

My soft drink is elderflower & pomegranate presse or a mocha

Totally pointless! I don't drink any non alcoholic free drink and it's not advocated in A.A. Simply because of the psychological side

I drank for the affect anyway and not the taste. Just as many lovely non alcoholic soft drinks around if not IMO nicer

Mochas are definitely underrated. I used to be a latte man but mochas are big on my radar these days.

If you had told me years ago that I could happily sit in a pub and not drink alcohol
I would have thought you raving mad.
I have surprised myself that I now go in a pub on match days or when friends come to see us and dont even think of having anything other than a soft drink or a coffee.

If you had told me years ago that I could happily sit in a pub and not drink alcohol
I would have thought you raving mad.
I have surprised myself that I now go in a pub on match days or when friends come to see us and dont even think of having anything other than a soft drink or a coffee.

It's people like you mate that keeps pubs going. Far more profit in coffee and soft drinks than beer. When I was running my area the average GP for beer was 40% but coffee and soft drinks was 85%.