Afghanistan n/g | Page 4 | Vital Football

Afghanistan n/g

Trump may have had a plan, but hard to stop the avalanche once you start. Biden’s decision was pitched with how he looked on the home front in mind.

The troops at the airport are in a very vulnerable spot right now but, oddly enough, I think they could get Kabul back if they were told to and 2nd 3rd waves were flown in.

Trump may have had a plan, but hard to stop the avalanche once you start. Biden’s decision was pitched with how he looked on the home front in mind.

The troops at the airport are in a very vulnerable spot right now but, oddly enough, I think they could get Kabul back if they were told to and 2nd 3rd waves were flown in.

not a chance, it would be an absolute slaughter.

they have no way to take or hold any of the high ground around the city or any other sites that would be suitable for MANPADs and mortars.

the Taliban would just need to drop a few bombs on the runway and no planes would be landing.

Trump had a plan to avoid chaos.

He had an aim but no evidence he ever had an actual plan. bit like the drain the swamp, reduce social media company power, build a wall, rollout vaccinations, infrastructure plan, immigration bill, etc. On the positive he certainly restrained the warmongers more than the US is used to.

The US plan is always to - work it out later lol.

not a chance, it would be an absolute slaughter.

they have no way to take or hold any of the high ground around the city or any other sites that would be suitable for MANPADs and mortars.

the Taliban would just need to drop a few bombs on the runway and no planes would be landing.

You are probably right, but push into a city hostile to the Talibs, they melt, and you pound the hills. To what end, however, would be the question.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58286000

"They include Helmand Khan, an Uber driver from west London, who had arrived with his young children in Afghanistan a few months back to visit relatives. He thrusts a handful of British passports towards me. "For the last three days I'm trying to go inside," he tells me in despair, with his two young sons by his side"

I'd be very interested to hear Mr Khan's story of how he ended up in West London. When did he come? Was it after Taliban left last time? Did he claim asylum? If so, how can he 'pop back' to visit relatives, before presumably coming back to the UK? If it was safe to go back, shouldn't he be able to go back permanently?

How can he afford to live in London, have 2 kids, and be able to fly them back and forth to Afghanistan? Is that paid for by his Uber driving gig, or is the UK taxpayer paying for it? Why is he going to Afghanistan at the time when the UK was still 'protecting granny and the NHS'? Has he had his jab? Why is he working as an Uber driver, and not an engineer or a surgeon?

Loads of questions. Looks like he might need to go through same process to get to the UK that he did originally

Once law and order collapses and almost everyone fears for their lives and property then any old arsehole, who strongarms a semblance of order, is welcomed/tolerated. All arseholes learn this very early.

There was a great series on Iraq and the invasion by the west and then ISIS that backed your point up.

We hated saddam the people said but under him we had electricity and relative peace. Once we got involved that all ended.

Control and power leads to various levels of corruption from a bit of greed/favours for mates to full on siphoning off billions.

Humanity is a flawed creation.

Having watched Biden’s press conference yesterday, I’m even more convinced that he’s on borrowed time.
I said when elected that he’d never see out the whole term but now I don’t think he’ll see out the year as President.
CNN edited it, but AJ showed it all.
He did wander a fair bit, one time quoting that his son served in the navy in Afghanistan ?
He clearly doesn’t look very well and it looks like the job is too big for him at his age.
Fortunately they have a young standby.

Having watched Biden’s press conference yesterday, I’m even more convinced that he’s on borrowed time.
I said when elected that he’d never see out the whole term but now I don’t think he’ll see out the year as President.
CNN edited it, but AJ showed it all.
He did wander a fair bit, one time quoting that his son served in the navy in Afghanistan ?
He clearly doesn’t look very well and it looks like the job is too big for him at his age.
Fortunately they have a young standby.

I see you were fooled by the CGI version then!

The Taliban issue a threat, that there will be consequences if the 31st deadline is ignored.

Border Force intercept an individual on the 'no fly list' , who was amongst the 'evacuees'.
How many are not being intercepted?

The USA doesn't have the same threat as the UK , and the UK is home to many people who share extreme views. Terrorism is not only harboured , but spread and financed by Pakistan.

Apathy or appeasement won't stop the march of islamic culture, with all that brings with it.

Border Force intercept an individual on the 'no fly list' , who was amongst the 'evacuees'.
How many are not being intercepted?

How did the story end ?

The individual, who was identified as being on the watchlist on arrival in the UK, was later not deemed a person of interest after investigation.

Not such an exciting headline though.

Some dodgy may slip through many more who risked their lives helping our troops will be rescued. I think that's the price we pay for totally screwing up the withdrawal process

https://gandhara.rferl.org/a/afghanistan-panjshir-anti-taliban-stronghold/31424581.html

".....The Taliban says it has sent hundreds of fighters to capture Panjshir, the only one of Afghanistan's 34 provinces that remains outside its control.
In Panjshir, Ahmad Masud -- the 32-year-old son of Ahmad Shah Masud, a legendary commander who fought the Soviets in the 1980s and the Taliban in the 1990s -- has gathered thousands of armed men "ready to fight."....

How did the story end ?

The individual, who was identified as being on the watchlist on arrival in the UK, was later not deemed a person of interest after investigation.

Not such an exciting headline though.

Some dodgy may slip through many more who risked their lives helping our troops will be rescued. I think that's the price we pay for totally screwing up the withdrawal process
I would say Mark, that the screwing up of the withdrawal process lays firmly with Biden, unless of course you think that we should keep our troops in Afghanistan once American troops leave, as some are suggesting.

I wonder why he was on a list in the first place ?
Perhaps he promised he is a changed man ?

Why do you persist with your shite rhetorical questions?

I don't know which individual we're talking about (do you?!) but why do you wonder more why he was put on the list than wonder why he was taken off of the list? Shirley that is the more pertinent question? (It certainly would be if this individual we're to later carry out a terrorist attack.)

I'd guess that it's much easier to get added to the list than it is to be removed from the list.

I'd also guess that whatever the reason is that this individual was removed from the list, it almost certainly isn't simply because the individual has promised that that he's changed man.

Tommy Robinson - a man you support and admire but whom I'm sure even you'd admit has gotten himself into a spot or two of bother with the law over the years - has been denied entry to the States in the past. Should the US change their mind about this and let him in, would you not be defending that decision? What would your response be to those who questioned the decision and asked why Tommy had be denied entry in the first place? Or if they sardonically suggested that the US had changed their mind about him simply because he'd promised to be a good little boy?!

Last edited:
Why do you persist with your shite rhetorical questions?

I don't know which individual we're talking about (do you?!) but why do you wonder more why he was put on the list than wonder why he was taken off of the list? Shirley that is the more pertinent question? (It certainly would be if this individual we're to later carry out a terrorist attack.)

I'd guess that it's much easier to get added to the list than it is to be removed from the list.

I'd also guess that whatever the reason is that this individual was removed from the list, it almost certainly isn't simply because the individual has promised that they're a changed man.

Tommy Robinson - a man you support and admire but whom I'm sure even you'd admit has gotten himself into a spot or two of bother with the law over the years - has been denied entry to the States in the past. Should the US change their mind about this and let him in, would you not be defending that decision? What would your response be to those who questioned the decision and asked why Tommy had be denied entry in the first place? Or if they sardonically suggested that the US had changed their mind about him simply because he'd promised to be a good little boy?!