AFCW v WAFC | Page 3 | Vital Football

AFCW v WAFC

I dont agree with this drop ball situation when its hit the ref , it gave them an advantage

Not much between the two teams , looking fairly solid at the back just a couple of lapses and dwelling on the ball.
Expecting Lee Evans to score a long range shot.
They dont look too dangerous but neither do we.

They outworked us in that half their defenders have time, ours are immediately closed down.

Lacking ideas and options when on the ball in midfield.

Hopefully we can apply some pressure second half, had small spells but nothing sustained.

I thought that was a really disappointing half from us, too many blind long balls to no one, yet then taking crazy chances when they are under pressure and need to clear their lines. We are also losing most of the second balls and our high pressing that won us the last 2 games has gone missing. I think it shows how much Lang drags some of the others into pressing with his work rate.

Wimbledon are not a good side but look like they want it more, pressing us well, using the ball better, winning their individual battles. This is sadly more like our usual performance in the 6 pointers where we go missing rather than the last 2 where went for it.

Proctor is a big lad but that is about all you can say about him. Going long to him up front on his own with no one around him is playing into Wimbledon's hands as it just surrenders possession every time. Johnson who was hopeless for us has bossed us about so far.

Need to improve a lot in the second half or we'll lose this. Very concerning.

Not having Lang in the side is a massive loss because all the defenders panic and knock it into the channel without looking, he collects those giving us a foothold in their half.