AFCW v WAFC | Page 2 | Vital Football

AFCW v WAFC

Maybe Johnston could play in midfield again alongside Ojo, seemed to work well the other week.
As long as we get in their faces straight from the kick off then we should come away with at least a point.

Maybe Johnston could play in midfield again alongside Ojo, seemed to work well the other week.
As long as we get in their faces straight from the kick off then we should come away with at least a point.

...and put Evans where?

...and put Evans where?

433 with Johnston-Ojo-Evans or put Evans in front of the other two. Aasgaard might get a chance, all depends on how Leam wants to approach this game.

433 with Johnston-Ojo-Evans or put Evans in front of the other two. Aasgaard might get a chance, all depends on how Leam wants to approach this game.

Maybe. Shame as linked quite well with Proctor last time out. With Massey and Otabor tending to stay wider, Evans would have to consciously push up to support Proctor ... something he's capable of doing.

Maybe. Shame as linked quite well with Proctor last time out. With Massey and Otabor tending to stay wider, Evans would have to consciously push up to support Proctor ... something he's capable of doing.

Would rather see Aasgaard in the supporting role as his pace and control would cause problems, however I have no doubt that Keane will play if fit.

Would rather see Aasgaard in the supporting role as his pace and control would cause problems, however I have no doubt that Keane will play if fit.
I agree with that, but I wouldn't like to see Evans left out.

Personally, I'd leave Wooten out and keep Johnston at CB, but (I think) like you, I reckon he'll be the one to make way.

Johnston has limited passing but he has good control and more energy then the rest of the midfielders, in a game where energy might play a part i'd like to see him in midfield. Whoever plays the squad has attacking players available which we've lacked for the majority of the season.

So, possibly 3 CB's and wing backs or (more likely IMO) Johnston in midfield in a 4-3-3 or with Evans pushed further forward (which he has played to good effect before) in a 4-2-3-1.

Either way it should be very fluid and flexible if the energy levels are there

4-2-3-1 for me Arthur. I think they have tried the 3 at the back and decided it's not for them. The last time I suggested 3CB's they played Johnston alongside Ojo and he had a decent game.

4-2-3-1 for me Arthur. I think they have tried the 3 at the back and decided it's not for them. The last time I suggested 3CB's they played Johnston alongside Ojo and he had a decent game.
In terms of personel it's 5-4-1 Five defenders, four midfielders and one striker.

In terms of personel it's 5-4-1 Five defenders, four midfielders and one striker.
How would you class Paul Scharner, or Chris Sutton, Kal Naismith, or James Miller, or David Luis, or even Callum Lang.

Pigeon holing players isn't really a worthwhile job.