Accrington v LATICS | Page 7 | Vital Football

Accrington v LATICS

Looking for a reaction as always
Charlie Wyke scoring an injury time goal to take us top above Sunderland now that doesn't get much closer to that suggestion.

Charlie Wyke scoring an injury time goal to overtake Sunderland at the top comes very close to 'Toss yourself off' .
Proud and loud catch us if you can.

Listen to you men, all week its been "i'll take a draw, i'll take a scrappy 0-0, everyone on here tossing themselves off tonight over that win today, fuckin' embarrassing you lot!
To post that, you must have some sort of psychological issue that means you crave attention at all costs, even at the expense of pride, purpose and self respect.

Counselling is available; I strongly recommend you seek help. For what it's worth, I have a friend who lived with depression for years; when she finally sought help, it changed her life massively for the better. I sincerely hope you find the help you need.

Listen to you men, all week its been "i'll take a draw, i'll take a scrappy 0-0, everyone on here tossing themselves off tonight over that win today, fuckin' embarrassing you lot!

Whereas you are quite obviously a credit to the club and your family.

What do you expect posters to do? Say "4-1 away win....what a bummer. I was looking forward to a scrappy 0-0 draw.

Unlike you, it seems some people are happy to be proved wrong and celebrate the win rather than squawk about being right.

Seriously, come on T&C, prior to ANY game we all don't have an idea of how results will go, some err on the side of caution, some ho gung ho n a big win....either way is immaterial when the final result goes in so to be so dismissive of those who would have taken a point before kick off is a bit disingenuous.....absolutely belting that we managed a 1-4 win but why not enjoy, celebrate, get ecstatic over the win rather than belittle posters who've erred on the side of caution...celebrate the win ffs.....🍻😉

I was kinda worried about this game, I feared we'd be over confident or arrogant after turning over "bigger" teams and come a cropper against Accrington. But massive credit to the team for that performance and emphatic win. You really do think there are goals coming from all over the front 4 at the moment.

Celebrating the win big time me me fella, cant get my head around so called fans that make negative posts throughout the week then give it the big un on Saturday night.

You really are just a wind up merchant aren't you. Your definition of a "so called" fan is irrelevant as you do not get to decide that.

Maybe these fans don't want to assume that we are going to have a big win in case some moron comes on here and says how stupid they were to predict that, simply to try and get a rise.

Get back in your box.

Been seeing quite a few people on twitter say Naylor does what Morsy does but better, what are people's thoughts on that? From what I seen, he is much quicker on the ball and works his socks off. Think because Cousins is next to him who by the way is going way under the radar this season. Very good pairing.

What do you do when you are up early on a Sunday morning, nursing an away day hang over ? You register on Accrington's iFollow and watch the full 90 minutes again, Yes, sad I know, but I've seen so much more of the game now than I did with my very dodgy aging inebriated eyes from the back of the away end.

Interestingly (?) it was the Latics TV coverage with commentary from Ash and Tommy on the Accrington website, wonder when / If Latics will start to make the full 90 minute replays available on their own website so that I don't need to register on umpteen away teams iFollows.

Edit, also it was remiss of me not to mention what an absolutely fantastic set up Accrington have for the match day experience, best I've seen and should be the bench mark for every team throughout the football pyramid. Please take note Talal.

Last edited:
To be fair, I thought Accy were an extremely decent side who played at pace and played some lovely one touch stuff. It's just they came up against a side finding its feet who happened to gel, and our quality blew them away. To say 8-1 would still be a tad generous.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...tic-subs-are-on-double-our-top-earner-3388273

Accrington boss:

Wigan Athletic subs are on double our top earner.

I like John Coleman, he's worked wonders at Accy on a very tight budget,
but spending money on players does Not guarantee success, the EFL
have Clubs, who have spent 'big time' and are still floundering to get to
the 'promise land' of the Prem.

When we was in the Prem, we had to compete with Clubs who had
players on 'massive' wages compared to ours.

You really are just a wind up merchant aren't you. Your definition of a "so called" fan is irrelevant as you do not get to decide that.

Maybe these fans don't want to assume that we are going to have a big win in case some moron comes on here and says how stupid they were to predict that, simply to try and get a rise.

Get back in your box.

You'd be up in arms if the manager sent the players out to play for a draw.

How will the likes of Edwards and Humphrys handle coming off the bench and given limited minutes in so many games?

An interesting question …but they both I think were very keen to come and be part of what they saw as something special being rebuilt ….one or both referencing the quality of players being recruited. Understanding that they must equally understand that they could be facing the difficulties of breaking into a side that looks settled and is currently at least winning multiple games. I have been particularly impressed with Humphrys and would like to see more of him, but at present who makes way for him ?

I guess both may well feature on Tuesday night as might Kerr …a player who skippered his team to two cup wins last season…and cost us a few hundred thousand …..he’s not here to make up the numbers but right now, short of a formation change how does he get in?
High class problems but in a 46 game season with Cup runs to boot they’ll get their chances through injuries or loss of form from the current incumbents ….and if they take their chance then there may be some role reversal !

An interesting question …but they both I think were very keen to come and be part of what they saw as something special being rebuilt ….one or both referencing the quality of players being recruited. Understanding that they must equally understand that they could be facing the difficulties of breaking into a side that looks settled and is currently at least winning multiple games. I have been particularly impressed with Humphrys and would like to see more of him, but at present who makes way for him ?

I guess both may well feature on Tuesday night as might Kerr …a player who skippered his team to two cup wins last season…and cost us a few hundred thousand …..he’s not here to make up the numbers but right now, short of a formation change how does he get in?
High class problems but in a 46 game season with Cup runs to boot they’ll get their chances through injuries or loss of form from the current incumbents ….and if they take their chance then there may be some role reversal !

The quality on the bench is keeping the lads starting on their toes.
Hence Pearce & Massey dropping down the pecking order.
I too like the look of Humphrys but you can't justify dropping any of the starting 11 at the moment.
Tuesday will give a chance to any fringe player who is fit.
Pity about Jamie Jones.