Accrington v Gills | Page 3 | Vital Football

Accrington v Gills

Good 3 points after two long away trips. Still not convinced with our overall performances and Bonham kept us in it but that makes 3 points when we get them even more crucial. A platform to build from.

Fair play to the 250 odd Gills fans who made the trip.

Great result, but that was an absolute mugging. RCC took his chance brilliantly (and it was a great pass from O'Connor), but it was practically our only decent attacking move of the match. Bonham won us that match with at three great saves. Accrington hit the woodwork at three times and they had three disallowed for offside. We won't be that lucky every week.

Stll, who cares at the moment? Long overdue

Resilient shifts by all of the hard working Gills and great to see us get our first away win of the season. We`re still more than a tad blunt up front and lack fluency in midfield (where was Pringle !) but today our real heroes were on the back line - Bonham and Ogilvie in particular. Both had excellent games with a string of brill saves from Bonham and large volume of getting the head and foot in exactly when it mattered by Oggie. Four points from consecutive away games is a good road trip - well done boys.

I see SE has picked out Bonham for praise too. Good to hear he had a solid game after one or two errors in recent weeks. Will do his confidence some good.

Great result, but that was an absolute mugging. RCC took his chance brilliantly (and it was a great pass from O'Connor), but it was practically our only decent attacking move of the match. Bonham won us that match with at least three great saves. Accrington hit the woodwork three times and they had three disallowed for offside. We won't be that lucky every week.

Stll, who cares at the moment? UTG!
After many games this season where weve had the best of the chances and game, and lost/drawn....i think we deserve a game or two where we rob them and get the win in unlikely circumstances.

Great result, but that was an absolute mugging. RCC took his chance brilliantly (and it was a great pass from O'Connor), but it was practically our only decent attacking move of the match. Bonham won us that match with at least three great saves. Accrington hit the woodwork three times and they had three disallowed for offside. We won't be that lucky every week.

Stll, who cares at the moment? UTG!

Whilst having three shots hit the post might be good luck (could Bonham have saved them if on target) certainly, disallowing goals for offside is the rule not luck.

Absolute blinders by 58 and Jokerman at half-time, there.
I just had a feeling that we would rob a win because we'd been terrible and got away with it at that stage. I've seen it so many times before, for and against the Gills.

Biggest robbery v us was Chester circa '88 when Rimmer (as usual) scored in off the post in the last minute after we'd battered them.

Biggest by us was Westwood scoring with our only shot at Palace circa '76 when they were about 12 points clear at the top just after Xmas.

Anyone remember them?

I was at that Palace game, 58. No one could quite believe it! Biggest robbery against us - deffo the Man City play off win.