Accrington v Gills | Page 2 | Vital Football

Accrington v Gills

It's been pretty gruelling to watch. Long periods of tedium punctuated by moments of terror. The first twenty minutes we matched them fairly well, but they made a couple of chances while we, as usual, made the square root of fuck-all. Then Accrington started getting on top, things started getting bad-tempered and disjointed, and we were all at sea.

We managed to steady things towards the end of the half, but we can be very thankful to still be on level terms. Again, I can't see where a chance, let alone a goal, might come from.
Well at least your post managed to make me laugh. Thanks.

Peter says we've weathered a storm -not a siege by any means- and we've gone from posing no threat whatsoever to posing a hint of a threat. Clearly great things await us in the second half.
That's actually a very good analysis of the half. Ogilvie has been excellent, Tucker was unlucky in the first minute with a header that seemed to hit post and, from where I'm sitting, Bonham made a worldy The new stand gives a great close quarter view and the facilities behind it are a huge upgrade.

The trouble is, though, that when you've got nothing up front, the defence have to play out of their skins every week simply to avoid defeat.

I was a great save by Bonham, mind.

We’ve played a lot better and not got as many points as we got today.

Score line a little unfair on Accy.

Their left back should have walked in the first half for a deliberate stamp on O’Keefe.

Great result, but that was an absolute mugging. RCC took his chance brilliantly (and it was a great pass from O'Connor), but it was practically our only decent attacking move of the match. Bonham won us that match with at least three great saves. Accrington hit the woodwork three times and they had three disallowed for offside. We won't be that lucky every week.

Stll, who cares at the moment? UTG!