A Page In Honour Of Our Former Imps' Supporters | Page 2 | Vital Football

A Page In Honour Of Our Former Imps' Supporters

Having sent my 2 nominations in, should i expect an acknowledgement email back?
Havent had one. Has anyone else or do we just wait and see how many the club have managed to get Wembley to include in the programme.
Lovely idea by the way.
And may be the names can be repeated in one of our home programmes, perhaps the Yeovil one.

I've often thought that grandstand walls should be a fitting place for memorial tributes to fans. If a family had to pay for the plaque or inscription, most probably would be happy to do so.

Sent my email to nominate my Dad, Harry Henson. Passed away in 2014 after supporting City for over 80 years. Like others have mentioned it is these people that are responsible for al ot of us being City fans. After years of blaming him for the pain I have been though in next week I will let him take the credit.

buckielugger - 31/3/2018 14:44

Having sent my 2 nominations in, should i expect an acknowledgement email back?
Havent had one. Has anyone else or do we just wait and see how many the club have managed to get Wembley to include in the programme.
Lovely idea by the way.
And may be the names can be repeated in one of our home programmes, perhaps the Yeovil one.
Not anything, no, but I wasn't expecting one. I imagine they've had tonnes of emails.

Just received an E-Mail from the club to say that due to over 700 names been put forward which is too many for the Wembley programme the club are going to issue a special Lincoln City edition of the programme with four pages dedicated to the names of past Imps.

Evidently these will be available for purchase on Sunday morning prior to leaving for the game if you produce their E-Mail or if you purchase a programme at Wembley the club will exchange it for the limited edition FOC if you bring the programme to the club.

However for exiles like my whose father's name has been put forward it is a bit disappointing as I will not be at the club for a few weeks so I am going to reply to Terry Hibberd and see what he can do for me.

I was wondering about that, I don't really want to go to the ground prior to setting off Sunday and many people will not be coming from Lincoln. Doesn't mention what time either, hopefully some clarification to follow

Just received an E-Mail from the club to say that due to over 700 names been put forward which is too many for the Wembley programme the club are going to issue a special Lincoln City edition of the programme with four pages dedicated to the names of past Imps.

Evidently these will be available for purchase on Sunday morning prior to leaving for the game if you produce their E-Mail or if you purchase a programme at Wembley the club will exchange it for the limited edition FOC if you bring the programme to the club.

However for exiles like my whose father's name has been put forward it is a bit disappointing as I will not be at the club for a few weeks so I am going to reply to Terry Hibberd and see what he can do for me.

I've also emailed Terry Hibberd as it's likely to be up to six months before I can get to Sincil Bank again so I've asked if it's possible to save me a copy for that length of time to exchange.

I've emailed him as well as we won't be leaving from the ground either and have no way of printing off the email either at the mo.

Let me know the replies as well (and how many special editions there are).

Received the same e mail of course, no chance of me being in Lincoln until the next home game. E mailed Terry, to be fair he got back to me quickly , stating an e mail address to contact after 3.00pm today to buy a copy on line. It would have been nice to read the names while sat at Wembley, but unless you start your journey from SB on Sunday no chance. He did half promise to reserve a copy at SB but by the time of the next home game on the 17th I doubt there will be any left. A victim of its own success, but a good idea at the time !

I've replied to Terry explaining that I'm not at SB until the Wycombe game and he's kindly put one aside for me, so it seem that if you sent an email in and can't make SB, you can get one reserved so you don't miss out.

Received the same e mail of course, no chance of me being in Lincoln until the next home game. E mailed Terry, to be fair he got back to me quickly , stating an e mail address to contact after 3.00pm today to buy a copy on line. It would have been nice to read the names while sat at Wembley, but unless you start your journey from SB on Sunday no chance. He did half promise to reserve a copy at SB but by the time of the next home game on the 17th I doubt there will be any left. A victim of its own success, but a good idea at the time !
The reply I got from Terry said after 3 today too so that's what I'm doing.

I got to know a lovely fella called Brian Garill, simply by chance of having a season ticket next to him and his friends. Sadly he died a couple of years back. God only knows how much dross he sat through at Sincil Bank through his life time. He never got to see any of the DC/NC time, Burnley, Emirates and now Wembley.
I didn't know Brian but was he from Woodhall and posted on here as spimps? A keen cyclist?

Oldimpsfan and Craigtheexile both former posters who deserve a mention.

Brian Garrill posted as spimps on here and Eric's site lovely fella who was a keen cyclist and ornithologist.
You just know he'd be so proud of how the Cowleys have turned us around since May 2016.

I got to know a lovely fella called Brian Garill, simply by chance of having a season ticket next to him and his friends. Sadly he died a couple of years back. God only knows how much dross he sat through at Sincil Bank through his life time. He never got to see any of the DC/NC time, Burnley, Emirates and now Wembley.

Hi PB, I was also a good friend of Brian's and we got to know each other through another message board which I have run for many years but for which he helped by being a moderator until his untimely death at 67 years of age. Such a fit guy who would cycle all over the place and race as well. I miss his humour, his interest in all matters cycling and his passion for filming wildlife, especially newly-hatched birds in one of his own bird boxes.

Incidentally, next Wednesday will be the third anniversary of his death.

R.I.P. Brian.